Admin is now spamming the members??? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Admin is now spamming the members???

Did you guys get a PM from KAWIMAN offering product for sale?

WTF?????

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Angry More On-Line Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
Did you guys get a PM from KAWIMAN offering product for sale?

WTF?????
YES!! I received a P.O.S. message via our PM system. I thought the purpose of the PM function was to avoid being spammed with CRAP!
Talk about an abuse of privacy. I will "NEVER" buy anything from KAWIMAN or any company he is affiliated with due to this violation! He can stick it in his EAR, or another one of his orifices!
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Yep, got it. Not sure if Kawiman has permission to do that. Sounded like a good buy, but I don't need any more gloves.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 PM

Good value/product, related to my interest.
Don't mind supporting the site in some manner, if I so choose.
I need to try gloves on before I buy though.
Comfort is #1, for me.
Attempted to subscribe but seems it didn't go through.
Oh well.

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:14 PM

The site for the spam (DriverDeals.com) is owned by the same company that operates this forum (VerticalScope).

I get a popup ad for them pretty much every time I come to the forum now if I clear out the privacy stuff (cache, cookies, etc) from my browser, which I have set to clear automatically when I close the browser.

It's annoying as hell. I can live with the pop-up, although it will make me look at installing ad-blocking software. I won't be spammed, though, unless I can set up a rule to automatically trash it.

I don't see why DriverDeals.com doesn't just have a spot in the Platinum Vendor area of the forum. That's what it's for.

Just my $0.02,
Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM

Yeah that needs to stop right now.

1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk
2009 Green Versys
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 PM

Stuff like this can kill a forum. I am now getting the pop ups, and really don't like them. As for PM's... If deals are being offered, they should be posted in the forum, not PMed to members. At the least, there should be an opt out feature.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Garage
This forum is free to us. They have to pay the bills someway so for me no big deal and besides they might have a good deal on something i want.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:49 PM

Pop-ups and spam = lame, free site or no.
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, it's from the site admin. Yep it's authorized. Happy about it? Not really.

post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM

Also, I learned about sites like Twisted Throttle, New Enough and Happy Trails through legit avenues: people relating their positive experiences based on great customer service. THAT, my friends, is doing it right. I will never patronize a company that spams me. Never. I hope the powers that be are taking this to heart.
post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM

Yeah it stinks, but much worse could happen like our PM info being sold to the spammers and then we'd be getting dozens of daily unsolicited PMs sent to us pertaining to male enhancing meds to insurance info crap. Hey admin, don't you dare get any ideas. Remember, the internet is the Wild Wild West... giddyup!

Good thread. No harm in rounding up the perp and giving him a good lassoing!

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Yep, it's from the site admin. Yep it's authorized. Happy about it? Not really.
That being the case kindly inform him that if it continues I'll find somewhere else to go and I doubt I'll be alone.

1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk
2009 Green Versys
post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Garage
Maybe they should advertise some "Man-gina Products" some of you guys seem to need them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM

I'm not going to vote with my feet just yet. Too much good information and people on the forum.

That said
  • some people will be ticked off and probably leave or reduce their participation.
  • the pop-up will impact the usefulness of the other ads on the site...if I install ad-blocking software to get rid of the large pop-up, it'll kill those ads as well. Is that really what you want?
  • I suspect Vendors have to pay $$$ to appear in the Vendor area. Given that this new site gets preferential treatment, will any others want to apply? Will current ones stay? (I would assume so as long as they see a correlation between postings and sales).
  • If another vendor started sending pm's to everyone, would it be tolerated? Why not? DriverDeals has set an interesting precedent here. I know I didn't notice immediately that it was sent by a site admin...I just assumed a spammer had weaseled their way into the PM system.
Is this really a good idea? There should be a method of achieving your goal without annoying your potential customer base.

My $0.02...
  • Set up an area in the Vendor section, and post deals there as a thread. People will see them...I know I see the specials from Vendors when I click on "New Posts" if they post something.
  • Get rid of that pop up.
Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #16 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM

I got the message and I get the pop-up ad everytime I log in now too. Annoying, but not enough to make me leave the forum just yet. It has however, GUARANTEED that I will NEVER buy anything from DriverDeals.
I have purchased from Riders Discount (platinum vendor), a company I knew only through this forum. Someone at the top of this food chain needs to pay attention to what is and what isn't effective advertising.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

Last edited by potus2012; 03-09-2011 at 08:38 PM.
post #17 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

OH, and if you guys wouldn't mind, please stop hitting the 'report spam' button. My inbox is flooded with them for this one......

post #18 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Garage
All the information,ideals and the endless farkle items i've found on this site as well as some of the friendships i've made and the people i've met from here. a few annoying ads pop-ups and such won't run me off. this is a gret forum and i appreciate it and will support it anyway i can...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-09-2011 at 08:44 PM.
post #19 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 PM

I have an issue with PMing spam as well. It's bad enough that this page alone has 7 different ads, 3 of which aren't even motorcycle related. It's a bit overkill, particularly for registered members. I can see putting this many ads to annoy lurkers enough to register, but give people a reason to register...lose some ads.

Jon Campbell

Motorcycle Sport Touring Association

STAR 2012 - Avon, Colorado

post #20 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

not a problem to me. I dont like I just delete it, not a big deal and the choice to buy is still mine. This pop up should in no way affect this site as most of us are matured enough and old enough to tolerate some nonsense.

Nothing is free so somewhere, somehow someone need to fund this site....IMHO.

Take it easy and ride it easy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode