Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

6Likes
  • 1 Post By Doug Just Doug
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By quexpress
  • 2 Post By Doug Just Doug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working

Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 AM

Thanks; I was seeing the bad Photobucket links on a variety of sites in the last few days and was wondering what the problem was. BTW, if anyone is looking to switch photo/video hosting sites, I recommend Smugmug. I've used it for years, and it's great, and very simple to post to forums from. Bonus: it's owned by a motorcycle adventure-tourer, the same guy who owns ADVrider.com.
quexpress likes this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Thanks for the tip. You can choose what you would like to do in terms of switching over to another hosting site - just be cautious and mindful that it may only be a matter of time til they follow suit. The instructions provided above is a temporary fix that we can offer at the moment to help restore your images until we have a more concrete solution soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

I've wondered WHY my images don't 'post-up' lately, EVEN tho' I've been a "Plus Member" for some time.

What a PITA!!!
onewizard and KawiMan like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
As stated above, you can post any links that have bad images to us and we'll change them for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Niall
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 06:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I've wondered WHY my images don't 'post-up' lately, EVEN tho' I've been a "Plus Member" for some time.

What a PITA!!!
The minimum subscription Photobucket now requires for 3rd party hosting is a "Plus 50" account - at $400 per annum.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 07:31 PM

Garage
I'm glad. Work always blocked photobucket so couldn't check ride reports on breaks, and photobucket was so bloated with ads, redirects, and phishing attempts.

No, do I recreate all my ride reports or start my own ad based blog and link to it. Mmm.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Many Photos Gone

I had a look at some posts in technical and How To forum, many posts that included photos are missing that critical information, the picture, looks like something similar to my Dell laptop that I need to pay a ransom to update software , yup , not happening. A low quality picture is better than no picture at all.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Smugmug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Thanks; I was seeing the bad Photobucket links on a variety of sites in the last few days and was wondering what the problem was. BTW, if anyone is looking to switch photo/video hosting sites, I recommend Smugmug. I've used it for years, and it's great, and very simple to post to forums from. Bonus: it's owned by a motorcycle adventure-tourer, the same guy who owns ADVrider.com.
Excellent!!! I'm heading over to smugmug!
Thanks Doug!
onewizard likes this.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Excellent!!! I'm heading over to smugmug!
Thanks Doug!
Oops! I just realized that within the next 14 days, it is mandatory for me to subscribe in order to continue using smugmug. Otherwise I will not have access anymore.
That's not quite what I was looking for. This means that I'll keep using Imgur.
Thank you!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Oops! I just realized that within the next 14 days, it is mandatory for me to subscribe in order to continue using smugmug. Otherwise I will not have access anymore.
That's not quite what I was looking for. This means that I'll keep using Imgur.
Thank you!
Yeah, I forgot to mention it's not free. For anyone else considering Smugmug, it's $4.00 a month for the basic level I think. Even at that level, you get truly unlimited photo and VIDEO (1080p/20 minute each) uploads, awesome editing tools, no ads, and you can set up and run a website from your account. You can also allow others to purchase your photographs directly from the site if you want. Their servers are backed up by Amazon's, so not much chance of ever losing anything. When I published a motorcycling blog, it was extremely handy, but now I just use it to store all my personal/family photos.
quexpress and VS Jeff like this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode