Private Message Problem - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
Hi, just spotted that you live in Houston! I keep my bike at my sons place, also in Houston (The Heights), so maybe we can get out and about sometime? I am flying over from the UK on the 4th July and leaving for Alaska on the 9th.
I noticed that you have done a fair bit of camping - just wondering if you would recommend camping on my trip north or would it be too hot, too many bugs etc!!! Any advice most welcome!

Regards

John
Hello John,

Sounds good about doing a ride together. I'm about 15 miles NNE of the Heights - you passed within shouting range of me on your way to/from Lufkin. I'll PM you my phone number.

The heat in Houston is of the worst kind and you'll be here at our hottest. I don't envy that aspect of your trip. I grew up here and am still affected by it. Despite the fact that you'll be going north (or northwest), it will remain hot that time of year even once you're well out of TX. I see that others have recommended a high elevation route for that reason. If feasible, it's good advice and is why we Texans think of Colorado as one of our own northern counties.

You'll probably have days that'll call for a hotel for the night, other days (in CO and Cali) will be fine for camping. If you do decide to camp in CO I have an almost-new and unused can of UDAP bear spray I'll give you from my TAT trip.

John

UPDATE: Well I guess one can't send private messages here...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

2 posts 48 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae5x View Post
Hello John,

John

UPDATE: Well I guess one can't send private messages here...?
You have the post count, not the time, that was suppose to have been changed, as new members should be able to ask for help, part of the anti-spam tool on this forum. Try again after 48 hours, post again if it doesn't work. All that can be done is one of us mods need to take out a work order and have Kawiman fix it, if it needs fixing.
I will copy this to the help forum.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey,

From what I can see there isn't a time limit that members have to be here for them to be able to PM. I imagine it's the anti spam feature that's preventing him from sending PM's before having 5 posts. I can see John has 6 posts now so it should be working. Let us know if it isn't and we'll look into it further.

Niall

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 12:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
Just tried to send John a pm and got this...

"ae5x has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there

Can you give it another try? John should be past any of the spam prevention tools that are in place now.

Dayle
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Private Message Posting / Mod Help

This is a old subject that I have tackled several times, it keeps coming up, some peoples approach is if it isn't broken don't fix it, at times I get tired of hearing that and try to keep a open mind, if everyone held the approach we would still have a steam car and be burning coal, then again, the people south of me could trigger world war 3 and none of this will matter, because we will be just matter.

So rather than post in the staff forum or general comments, I ask the input from everyone, just 2 days ago another How Do I send PM thread is started. Well if you read previous posts of this thread it becomes apparent the number 5 is the number.

Personally, I just as soon leave it as is, however I see the largest problem being new members, having difficulty navigating the forum, asking for help but unable to ask a mod. If it were possible, I would suggest changing the PM restriction to 1 post for mods and staff and leaving the 5 post count for everyone else. The reasoning for after 1 post is, I don't want spammers or anyone else sending a malicious email, if a spammer registered , usually the 1 post gets caught in the moderated Que, so the post count remains at 0 until mods approve the post, this would enable new members to ask for help from a Mod, usually just posting in their thread gets a similar response.

If someone wants to start a poll, go for it,I just have made too many attempts to fix this and it doesn't affect me, getting tired of stirring the pot.
Beyond that, I am going to leave it up to others to chime in here.

Last edited by onewizard; 09-08-2017 at 09:04 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Garage
We can look at some options of getting the information out to everyone but the issue with that is that spammers/scammers can simply look at the post requirement, and then use that information to bypass it and spam the boards.

When members use the Contact Us > Unable to post, it sends us a PM directly so there is that option to help sort members out as well.

We can provide a Welcome PM which will note that members require a certain post count to use all aspects of the forum, ect.

These are options we can discuss in the mod area if we want to go ahead with it.

- JB
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
We can look at some options of getting the information out
- JB
Sounds good.

Last edited by onewizard; 09-09-2017 at 10:54 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

PM Messaging Problem / Continued

Update
Posted in Staff under PM Problem nat****ill
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Garage
Thanks onewizard. We'll follow up on this

kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode