Mobile site workaround? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mobile site workaround?

So I do a lot of surfing on my cell phone and iPad, but this site only comes up with the mobile version of the site. Everywhere I look online I'm told that there should be a link on a mobile site to go to the full version. I have the bandwidth and horsepower to do it, but I can't find said link. What am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Unhappy

Ya, I'd like to know too, I even tried Tapatalk Pro. Still can't do it on a Droid.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

This came up awhile back, but I don't think there is a solution for the ipad or droid yet. And I admit, I've never used either & don't know much about them. Anybody with better knowledge care to chime in??

Meanwhile, I'll report this thread to upper management & see if they can do anything.....

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 10:34 PM

if you can get either the opera mini or mobile web browser on your mobile device you should be able to get the full site.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Other mobile web browsers may also allow you to view the full site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
if you can get either the opera mini or mobile web browser on your mobile device you should be able to get the full site.
I tried the Opera Mobile browser this morning and it works the same as the Droid default browser. So I guess I'll try to find some other brows to try.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Meanwhile, I'll report this thread to upper management & see if they can do anything.....

Any new developments yet?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 03:04 PM

Many cellular service providers will direct to mobile sites over the full sites on their own to conserve their bandwidth-there is really no way around this if this is the issue.

If your phone/device has WiFi, you may try a WiFi connection and see if you can get to the full site.

I would also suggest that you clear your history and internet files (cache) before you try again as this may help.

On my phone (Win Mobile 6.5 touchscreen smartphone/pocket PC on Verizon) I can get the full versions on both IE and Opera.

A2ron
Charleston, SC
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Vs View Post
Any new developments yet?

Nothing. I haven't heard a single thing from them in months. Nada. Nope. Not one peep. About ANYTHING. I'm beginning to think we are all alone here.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Nothing. I haven't heard a single thing from them in months. Nada. Nope. Not one peep. About ANYTHING. I'm beginning to think we are all alone here.

Well that can't be good, sure would be sad if this forum went away for any reason. There's wealth of knowledge here that would be hard to replace.

On another note, I get the full version on a lot of the other Motorcycle. com forums.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:

this has been a long term request. I guess admin is just responding to advertising request! hey Bear ever taught of starting you own forum on the versys or making an offer on this one, you are doing all the work anyway!
Who is the admin anyway, maybe if everybody that has the issue pm's him it will move faster.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by actar911 View Post
this has been a long term request. I guess admin is just responding to advertising request! hey Bear ever taught of starting you own forum on the versys or making an offer on this one, you are doing all the work anyway!
Who is the admin anyway, maybe if everybody that has the issue pm's him it will move faster.

No, no websites for me, thanks!! Hahaha! Not worth the headache.

Admin seems to have changed hands a few times since the new owners took over. And they seem to have devoted less time & attention to this site each time a new one stepped in. No idea who it is now....

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
will be sad to lose such wonderful people in this forum.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:12 PM

Try Skyfire browser. On my iPhone it comes up initially as the mobile version but Skyfire lets you switch which view you want to see so you can switch to the full view.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I have an iPad and its very annoying...can't see pics that are posted. I wish this could e fixed tried different browsers other that Safari...no joy...
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex182 View Post
So I do a lot of surfing on my cell phone and iPad, but this site only comes up with the mobile version of the site. Everywhere I look online I'm told that there should be a link on a mobile site to go to the full version. I have the bandwidth and horsepower to do it, but I can't find said link. What am I missing?
What are you missing?- A life. Get on your bike and ride.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 12:02 PM

I downloaded the Skyfire browser, it did the trick. Now I need to figure out how to make those annoying ads go away.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM

The Atomic browser works great on the iPad. You can identify the browser as a desktop browser and the full version comes up just fine!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Soooo..... Guess what lucky Bear got for Christmas??? Yep... a freakin iPad. And NOW I see what you guys are bitchin about, and it sucks! Ok. I read up on the Skyfire thing, and it sounds ok, but seems as though the "flash player" support is spotty at best. I also read up on the Atomic browser, but suspiciously, there's no mention of flash player on their site that I can find. (I know, tin hat...).

So for those of you that have one, is there a browser or app or whatever that will allow me to play my youtube videos, like I do on my desktop. Meaning, I log in to my youtube account, I go to my favorites & check mark a bunch of videos & add them to the queue, then hit play queue. Which results in a plethora of music that I don't have to baby sit. I can go about my activities & music plays from video to video, no clicking involved...

Anybody???

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 PM

I assume that can be done through the YouTube app. I don't have a queue like you describe, but there's an option to sign into your account from within the app. I hope that works.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
I assume that can be done through the YouTube app. I don't have a queue like you describe, but there's an option to sign into your account from within the app. I hope that works.
Thanks Chris. Yeah, I'm signed in, and I can see my favorites & playlists, but I can't seem to "play all" or play multiple videos. I also can't seem to add to any playlist, but I can delete from playlists, which seems odd. It's not THAT big of a deal, I can do all this from my pc. Just would be nice if I could get it to work on the iPad. I'm sure a solution will come along sooner or later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode