Survey Suggestion - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Survey Suggestion

I know survey's can get out of hand, but it might be interesting to find out how good the Versys motor really is. I was thinking something simple like:
Over 10k - No Problem _ Problem _
Over 20k - No Problem _ Problem _
Over 30k - No Problem - Problem _
Over 100k -No Problem Problem -
etc.

This might be linked to a graph showing how many bikes are running strong (as I believe will play out) and percentages.

I just read a post that mentioned reliabililty concerns and it occurred to me that we are not collecting data on the forum.

Can this be done? Would this be interesting information for the forum?

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 06:46 AM

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Lets get started.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM

That sounds great about just listing mileage and such for the bikes/engine reliability.

Though what would be really cool (and a lot of info to maintain) would be: miles on bike, ridden hard or not, broke in by dealer method or motoman method, 2nd/3rd owner or original owner, performance upgrades, climate ridden in (Rocky Mountains, Florida coastline, Arizona, other countries) and all kinds of other stuff. Some type of database that would allow users to put in their information and then update itself to reflect all the data shown...now that would be pretty cool I think!

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm just an idea guy. I know this might be a lot of work to set up, but is it something that is possible to do using this software?
KISS method for collection would be great to start with.

IBA #23562

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Well people could provide their information on the forum and then a few people could collaboratively fill that info into a spreadsheet in google docs, or ms office live. Once it is set up the file could be made available to all members

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 AM

Exactly, set up a database for the information, but a web interface for the input and output would be fantastic! (Kinda like plugging in your information, then being able to click on links that would provide up to the date info that could be displayed with graphs, percentages, etc.) Oh...I don't know exactly how to do that stuff BTW...but whomever has the skills, I'm rooting for you.

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Polls for Members

That is what I was thinking too. I am a member on the FJR Forum, and their interface software has capability for members to create Polls and the data is updated immediately as members input data.
It can get out of hand though. I never created one but did input when I felt the member was trying to collect valid info about the bike. I always felt that was something best controlled by a moderator.
I don't know this site well enough yet to know if members can create Polls. That would serve the purpose for collecting simple data wouldn't it?
I am not a software guy so correct me if I am way out in left field here.

IBA #23562

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Yes, members can create polls. When you start a new thread one of the options near the bottom of the page is to create a poll.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I gave it a shot. I am not sure how to tell how many members we have and obviously the number will not be exact since some members don't own their bike now. But, it's a start and maybe someone will come up with a better way to do this.
Might be interesting, might not.

IBA #23562

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM

I don't know about the kawasaki motors, but a buddy of mine has a honda 996 hawk with 73K on it. Runs perfect.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode