I all

I having some helmet lift at highway speed

Should I raise or lower the windshield

Ciao

LOP

#6 ·
I don't mean that I'm loosing the helmet

I mean that their's some wind "around" the helmet that pulls my helmet/head up

Didn't had that problem before the V (klr 2009)
And -IF- their's something wrong with the helmet, it's to small ...

So the helmet is OK !!!!!!!!!!!!

So, does everybody agrees on the raising of the windsheild like Pretbek is proposing ?

lop

#8 ·
A few questions:
1) How tall are you?
2) What kind of helmet are you using? (Open face, full face, MX with a peak, etc)
3) At what speed are you noticing the lift?

I'm 6' and have a Shoei Hornet. I have the stock windshield in the highest position, and don't notice any issues at all riding around town (80-90 km/h tops) unless I tilt my head back enough for the peak to catch the wind.

Dave C

#9 ·
@ Spainy

Not 100% shure what is buffeting,
If it's wind turbulence around the helmet (up, down, side to side, rolling around the helmet in all axis, it ain't that
But what I experience is the helmet/head is being pulled up, not sideways, not front to rear, but really up
If I lean foward, it stops

@ DaveC
6'2"
My helmet http://www.givi.it/Caschi/Caschi-integrali/X.01-Summer-Light in that configuration ("summer"
Around 110 km/h (65-70 mph) or so depending of the direction and speed of the wind

I will probably try to raise the windshield anyway since it's not that big of a deal ...

Thank's

LOP

#11 ·
@ DaveC
6'2"
My helmet http://www.givi.it/Caschi/Caschi-integrali/X.01-Summer-Light in that configuration ("summer"
Around 110 km/h (65-70 mph) or so depending of the direction and speed of the wind

I will probably try to raise the windshield anyway since it's not that big of a deal ...

Thank's

LOP
So, you're tall, have a full face helmet (no peak to catch the air, etc), and bending down under the airflow prevents the problem. Sounds like the air off the windshield is catching you just below the bottom edge of the helmet. If that's the case, then raising the shield is worth trying.

Dave

#10 ·
I have a fairly high raised wind shield and generally don't have this problem except for the first time a week ago. I was being bounce all over the road by 30+ mph crosswind gusts. With each big gust it felt like my helmet was being pulled straight up off my head. BTW my Cymax II is quite "snug". Bending forward did reduce this effect. :interesting:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.