Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Detailing or cleaning black/silver painted metal on frame/engine

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
How do you guys/gals clean the black/silver painted metal (not tank/fairing/fender)? I know silicone for plastic/rubber, and I've got some detailers sheeting action wax for tank, but how do I best clean all the black or silver painted frame and engine parts?

They look like they just get dusty for the most part, but around the axle with the swing-arm silver paint, chain lube shows up bad in that spot especially. Do I just wash and wax those parts too? Just wash them? 409 cleaner? Put sticker on them? Nothing???

Thanks! There is a whole lot of painted parts other than the tank, fairing, and fender on the Vs 650; and I wanted to know the best way to clean all of them.

:thumb: :thumb:

#3 ·
#4 ·
I have found those newer spray waxes and spray "detailers" work really well--they've gotten much better in the past 5 years or so. Many of them work on everything...metal, paint, plastic, etc... I use paste wax on all the big/main areas, but I just spray all those "other" areas you mentioned and wipe it off with a clean cloth--looks great and seems to protect the finishes well too. It works nicely in the tight areas because the spray wax gets "in there" and then all you have to do is wipe it off.
:goodluck:
:cheers:

#5 ·
ya i agree here, i dont know the name of the stuff i use and cant be bothered to go down stairs and see what it is called.... i got 2 cans last year for $20 to "support breast cancer" and to be honest it does an amazing job :)just spray on and wipe clean... one down side ive found is the damn bees and wasps love the stuff and swarm around my bike O.O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.