What are Triumph up to? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
What are Triumph up to?

Triumph have released a teaser site and the email alert says "Want to know a secret? Here at Triumph, we're really busy developing two brand new adventure bikes. It'll be a good few months before they're ready. But we'll send you updates as soon as more information is available".

Has anybody heard anything more?

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 AM

Rumor: 650cc version of the Tiger to be more off-road than the current version
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 AM

someone posted a comment on here a while back, claiming to have heard that at the Triumph North America dealer conference Triumph were going to launch, IIRC, 5 new bikes in 3 different market segments. cant rememebr if thats 3 new market segments. the rumour then was that Triumph are going to attack the F800GS, possibly with an 800 or 850 triple.

the teaser ad is showing 2 bikes (one has spoked wheels, one has alloy wheels. one is definately styled as an off roader, and may even be off road capable, the other looks like it might be similar to the Versys or earlier tiger offerings looks sort of of road styled but really an on road bike

however thats all gossip, supposition and guesswork, we'll just have to wait till the autumn to separate fact from fiction

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 AM

I saw the video too, looks interesting. The teaser video is doing it's job, we're talking about motorcycles we know almost nothing about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
DBL

I am still looking for the ultimate dual sport. My dream bike would have a twin fuel injected engine like the Versys, adjustable suspension front and rear, light weight spoke rims with dual sport tires, ground clearance designed for offroad, seat height around 32", lightweight anti-vibration handlebars with riser, adjustable tall windshield, 5+ gallon fuel tank, digital speedometer and gauges, an overdrive 6th gear for cruising, vibration dampening all over, built-in tail rack for luggage, L.E.D. lighting where possible, ie. (gauges, tail/brake light, blinkers, and headlight if possible), engine guards, skid plate, brush guards for the clutch and front brake lever, and a total weight under 350lbs. If they could build this and keep the price the same as the Versys I would have to buy one . . . maybe two!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:34 PM

I doubt any European produced bike (or American for that matter) withthat shopping list eill come in at anywhere near the same price of a Versys. I suspect in part thats why the Tiger Cub has been a rumour for so long, becuase there is no way they could get a competitive product

they are supposedly targetting the bike at the BMW F800 & F650's soI'd expect the price to be similar, if not a little bit lower.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post
...and a total weight under 350lbs... and keep the price the same as the Versys

need i pinch you?

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I am still looking for the ultimate dual sport. My dream bike would have a twin fuel injected engine like the Versys, adjustable suspension front and rear, light weight spoke rims with dual sport tires, ground clearance designed for offroad, seat height around 32", lightweight anti-vibration handlebars with riser, adjustable tall windshield, 5+ gallon fuel tank, digital speedometer and gauges, an overdrive 6th gear for cruising, vibration dampening all over, built-in tail rack for luggage, L.E.D. lighting where possible, ie. (gauges, tail/brake light, blinkers, and headlight if possible), engine guards, skid plate, brush guards for the clutch and front brake lever, and a total weight under 350lbs. If they could build this and keep the price the same as the Versys I would have to buy one . . . maybe two!

I still think that X1200 Super Tenere looks pretty cool, but not coming to the US and obviously well above Versys pricing. Combining the features of a 1200GS and a Ducati Monster for 6k would be a pretty tall order

Mike
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 AM

DBL,
Get an extra one for me.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 PM

The one with street tires and alloy wheels....Tiger 825 triple
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Cant' wait to see what they come up with.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Describes a KTM Adventure, albiet a bit more $$ than the Versys.
I keep thinking I should have one of those, or a F800GS. I still want to ride Baja if they ever get it cleaned up.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM

What "are" triumph up to?

I are reelly confoosd tu!

V-Zee
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 PM

I ended up w/a Versys because I didn't want to wait for the Tiger Cub. Now that the V is sorted, I don't want one.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 12:06 AM

Not to mention the Versys is already a proven machine.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomla View Post
I ended up w/a Versys because I didn't want to wait for the Tiger Cub. Now that the V is sorted, I don't want one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by versman View Post
Not to mention the Versys is already a proven machine.
I dunno. Love those Triumph triples. I think I'd be willing to take the risk. If a test ride is positive and funds allow, I'll jump on that grenade and let people know how it goes.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 AM

Triumphs are cool, and i think it is a good move for them. that 675 triple motor would be a much better choice than making a larger heavier one. the 675 has almost as much HP as the 1050 i had in my tiger. It SCREAMS! they don't need a heavier on road adventure bike, the tiger is already the nuts. It was just too powerful for me, i always found myself looking down and seeing 90+ on the speedo. not good.

I think also that triumphs success so far has been having multiple models sharing the same engine. the 675 and 1050 engines are very nice and cover the spectrum.

my guess is they will have a 675 adv bike and a 1050 adv bike to compete with the 2 BMW adventure bikes.

What I really want though is a bonneville. guess i'm getting old. or i'm just happy with my versys.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil View Post

my guess is they will have a 675 adv bike and a 1050 adv bike to compete with the 2 BMW adventure bikes.
I was chatting with one of the district heads from the Minneapolis office at the factory demo tour, and he said what Triumph has let them know for sure is that both versions will share an 800cc, or thereabouts, version of the 675. It makes sense from a design standpoint. An extra 125-150 isn't a huge increase in displacement, but it makes the bump in torque at lower revs easier to acheive. Not to mention it puts them in a perfect position to snipe potential F800 buyers. Pricing still hadn't been shared at that point.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode