Seeing is believing......or not - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rick
  • 1 Post By kohburn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Seeing is believing......or not

Had to run by the multi-brand dealer to pick up a side cover grommet for the VTX yesterday. Made my usual loop through the bikes after I made my purchase. I have had "new bike" lust for about a month. There before me, were two list toppers that I had extensively researched on the internet. A 2013 Super Tenere, and a 2014 Vstrom 1000. First time seeing either in person, up close. Looked them over, and sat on both. The Tenere is a big bike. I am 6'4, 220lbs. A little heavy coming off the sidestand, and a lot of bike landscape in front of you, when sitting on it. Comfy seat. Looks like it would have decent wind protection. Could likely gobble up many hundreds of miles on the road. Off road? Not sure about that but, I am not a former hare scramble enduro champion either. The Vstrom was a big surprise. From every photo I have seen, I couldn't stand the look of that pointed beak on the front end. In person, it is nothing like that. It is much shorter, wider, and rounded than it appears in the pics. It was not off putting at all. Sitting on it was great. Light, intuitive hand and foot placement. Seat was somewhat firm (much less cradling than the Tenere). Would likely choose it for the type of riding I do, over the Tenere. Got back in my truck (thunderstorms all day) and sat there for a minute thinking things over. I have my 2012 Versys 650 and my 2007 VTX1800 sitting at home in the garage. Bought both new, with cash money at the time of purchase. They run good, have given no major problems, and serve the needs for which each was designed. I don't need a new bike. That being said, I do miss my old KLR650 and XR650L for dirt road and beach runs. Might pick up a cheap, used "don't care if I drop it" bike to throw myself off of every once in a while.
Mydnyte Son likes this.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Might pick up a cheap, used "don't care if I drop it" bike to throw myself off of every once in a while.
now that sounds like a plan
Mydnyte Son likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Garage
Since you're in Texas. Not sure if you are a member of the Two Wheeled Texans Forum or not. But you should check them out, They always have some sweet deals on all kinds of bikes in the For Sale Section....TWT Forums - Powered by vBulletin

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 12:51 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
have you seen the 2015 1k vstorm? my god thing fits me like a glove just dont like the stupid computer in it

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Since you're in Texas. Not sure if you are a member of the Two Wheeled Texans Forum or not. But you should check them out, They always have some sweet deals on all kinds of bikes in the For Sale Section....TWT Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Been a member over at TWT for years. User name Cantex.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode