What are its strengths? Weaknesses? How does it handle compared to the V? IYO, is it worth 3X the cost of the V? Sure is purdy!
It's like comparing apples to oranges really. The Mulitstrada is everything the Versys could be... if the Versys was a $20,000 motorcycle. Apples/oranges.
But, since you asked:
- great ergonomics, especially the spaces between grips/seat/pegs
- excellent suspension; potholes and heaved pavement, gravel, driveway curbs - all good, nothing seems to upset the tracking.
- Heaps of power. Even in Urban setting (100hp). The 150hp at Sport setting was insane.
- despite the large size and good ergos, my left heal kept touching the lever for the center stand. And I have small feet.
- Too Much. Power, money, electronic gadgetry. All those excesses are a negative to me. Weakness? Maybe not, just not the market for me (apples/oranges)
- Uses lots of gas, sub 40 MPG
My Versys is back home with shiny new sprockets and a new chain. Running like a top with 56,400 kms and rising every day. The Ducati was a fun test - a little variety never hurts - but I'm glad to have the V back and I'm still enjoying everything about it.