Test rode the Ducati Scrambler today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Test rode the Ducati Scrambler today

Headed up to Bloodworth Motorcycles in Nashville today to take a spin on the Ducati Scrambler Demo bike. Met with Kevin Harbour and filled out the paperwork for the ride. I was not familiar with the area so he hopped on a R Nine T and led me on a ride. We did switch up for a little bit because I wanted to see what a bike that cost double the Scrambler rode like.

The demo bike available was the Scrambler ICON in yellow. ($8595) The ICON red is $8495. The Full Throttle, Urban Enduro, and Classic will run you $9.995.

When Ducati says that is a modern interpretation of an iconic classic, they are describing this bike perfectly.

Here I am getting ready for the ride.

We switched bikes during the ride, so I was able to get some shots of Kevin on the Scrambler.

The 180/55 rear tire definitely looks beefy on this bike. No retro rubber on this ride.

The Demo bike has an aftermarket exhaust mounted and it sure sounds nice with a low growl. I need to figure out how to downsize a video for upload.

Shot of the R nine T. It was a nice bike, but not double the cost of the Scrambler nice.

A shot of the controls from the rider's perspective. The instruments include a lot of information, but not easy to see quickly while riding. The digital speed is plenty big enough though.

I really like this bike. It was a blast to ride. I did experience the abrupt throttle response when starting out, but adapted in about 30 seconds and had no issues during the rest of the ride. At 420 lbs wet weight, the bike was very peppy and flickable. The suspension had ample travel, but would probably be harsh in true rough terrain. Much better than the Triumph Scrambler though.

I am debating adding one to the stable. I have an agreement with my wife that I have reach my limit so something would have to go. They don't even have one on the floor so I have time to decide.

Bloodworth adds freight which is around $799, and a $199 doc fee. Not sure yet how that stacks up against other dealers. The bike is popular so don't expect too much negotiating.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Headed up to Bloodworth Motorcycles in Nashville today to take a spin on the Ducati Scrambler Demo bike.
Kinda neat. Reminds me of my first bike '73 Suzuki TC90.

Not too sure what I'd do with such a thing. I think if I were going to get a bike to reminisce about days gone by, I'd get one of those sparkly '72s.

Neither has much fuel capacity and you can't carry anything. Would just spoil the whole vibe putting a GPS or radio on it. Guess it'd be a good bike to take to "bike nights" or maybe the local flat track races.

Saw a vid of one of the online rag journos spanking a Scrambler around in the dirt. That looked pretty fun.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 AM

It almost looks like the new Harley starter bike, made for motorcycle training courses.

Armando, RIP from Bloodworth's is rolling over in his grave,

Last edited by kawdog; 05-08-2015 at 01:12 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Not too sure what I'd do with such a thing.
i think a bike like that would be great for dayrides, solo or 2up, and it would be a fun commuter. kinda like a guzzi v7. either with a windscreen might be nice on tour, as well.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
i think a bike like that would be great for dayrides, solo or 2up, and it would be a fun commuter. kinda like a guzzi v7. either with a windscreen might be nice on tour, as well.
Apparently, others agree with you. According to this, they are doing pretty well.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/577/25...r-in-2015.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode