Fz6 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fz6

I saw an FZ6 today and just wanted to hear some opinions about them. Are they as reliable as a versys and just as fun or are they a waste of time??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 AM

Never ridden one, but have always heard good things about them. I believe the Versys is taller. You will also get the parallel twin versus the inline four debate. The FZ1 is supposed to be a beast and has a better suspension package than the FZ6.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 08:30 AM

A couple of months ago I read several really favorable reviews on the 2010 FZ6. The magazine editors loved it. It's a bit heavier that the V (but they say its not noticeable) and it has better weather/wind protection.

I don't know if I could ever switch to a 4 cylinder bike though.. they're too smooth. When you twist the throttle, they speed up, but through some mysterious force (thrusters?). You can't feel the mechanical workings of the engine moving you forward.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM

I've hear the 2009 FZ6 was a good bike. It was replaced with an abomination called the FZ6R which is a different bike. The real FZ6 didn't have a lot of low end grunt, adjustable suspension, or as comfortable riding position, but it's a Yamaha and the build quality is fantastic.

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
I've hear the 2009 FZ6 was a good bike. It was replaced with an abomination called the FZ6R which is a different bike. The real FZ6 didn't have a lot of low end grunt, adjustable suspension, or as comfortable riding position, but it's a Yamaha and the build quality is fantastic.
Here is a spec comparison between the '09 FZ6 and the '10 FZ6R:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...0/compare.aspx

The specs appear pretty similar, but the reports say that the 2010 engine has better low end and midrange.

The 2010 FZ6R did well in a shoot-out:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...z6r-89460.html

It beat the Ninja 650 and the Suzuki 650 (more or less).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 01:55 PM

I have test driven FZ6 and FZ6R and the latter is low and mid range torque oriented while the FZ6 is more high end, high revving engine. For a short guy like me (5'9"-ish), the height was ideal, the handling on FZ6 is better, the looks on FZ6 are waaayyy better (although FZ^r in yellow looks cool). If I could get a better sitting position (it has a bit more lean than a Versys), I would have bought a FZ6 on the day I test rode it. However, at the time I wasn't aware of two beasts knows as Versys and V-Strom. And now that I ahve read so much about all three bikes, here I am, a month later, and still without a bike

Don't expect any off-raod at all from FZ bikes. Curves/twisties, yes - commute, yes - chances you will see yourself coming down the road (too many Fzs), yes. Offroad, no - Upright, no - nimble, not as much as Versys, punchy like Versys - only at high end.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode