Test rode new MT 09 tracer today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Test rode new MT 09 tracer today

Took one of these bad boys out for a test ride today from timaru Yamaha, comes with panniers and all the bells and whistles including abs, tracton control, power settings, lots of info on the console, very very flickable bike, a real fun machine, $18,000 NZ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...er-review.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 08:32 PM

That looks just like our new 2015 FJ-09... So it sounds like they've well fixed the fueling issues. It ran pretty flawlessly?

"Versatile, Sporty Multi-Use machine"

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...up=MC&catId=79
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Not sure about the fueling issues but the bike was great fun but not for me, still prefer the ninja 1000 which I think is a bit smoother, the tracer has a lot of torque imho, it felt a bit unstable at high speed compared to ninja 1000, the ninja will sit rock solid at 260kph where with the tracer only went up to 180kph it felt a bit shaky in a slight breeze but awesome light machine in the cornering department.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
That looks just like our new 2015 FJ-09... So it sounds like they've well fixed the fueling issues. It ran pretty flawlessly?

"Versatile, Sporty Multi-Use machine"

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...up=MC&catId=79
I'm pretty sure they did. There's a great review in one of the recent Motorcycle Consumer News Issues. The FJ-09 got fantastic reviews! The editors loved it, perhaps as much as the Versys.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarleau View Post
... I has to go 350km to the tank for me.
Get a Versys 650 then....

I can USUALLY figure on about 500 kms to "tank-dry", but I do NOT push the envelope like THAT! (Anywhere from 350 to 400 kms to fill-up.)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarleau View Post
Wow... I am walking at 375km. 350 is my comfortable max. I managed 410 on the TLH last year but that was at 80km/h all day on gravel with my 44 tooth rear sproket... with a 4 liter jerry can on hand.

How do you get 500? Bigger tank?
On my '08 I usually fill to the TOP of the filler neck (an additional .4 USgallon), and on my '09 AFTER I removed the charcoal canister I do the SAME.

BUT I do that when I'll be riding at least 15 miles before stopping, so on a trip I will NOT fill-up when I stop at night, but rather in the AM when I'm "hitting the road".

I check my mileage when I gas up (mentally), and it's usually around 54 mpgUS this winter, and 23 to 24 Kms/L (high 60s mpgImperial) up north, but as HIGH as 60 mpgUS and 70+mpgImperial!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode