Bought me a Scrambler....... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Bought me a Scrambler.......

Always liked them but never could get a good deal until yesterday.

Reminds me of why I started riding. Just a clean & simple bike.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:51 PM

Garage
Very nice, I like those a lot. Use to ride with a guy that had one. I'm following him in this video..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6KwJOFNWE

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 08:57 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
very nice, triumph has always been one of the ponies i haven't wrangled....yet

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Old is Gold

Enjoy the Ride....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 AM

Nice! Love the exhaust.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 08:16 AM

Very nice addition.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

A guy I know who goes thru bikes like I do socks was fixing to trade it in and I got it, only 1,129 easy miles and the pipe was already on it.

I've been looking for a matte gray one, my favorite, but the black was my second choice and it looks fine.

The Versys will stomp it like a bunny in acceleration but the torque on it hits down low and flattens out, perfect for short shifting and listening to the pipe........man, I'm starting to sound like a Harley rider! :-)

Dan
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Garage
Congrats. Much better bike with the Arrow exhaust. Now some decent suspension and you will have a bike that can handle more than smooth roads.

I prefer the character of the 270 degree crank on the scrambler over the Bonneville and Thruxton with their 360 degree crank.

I am waiting on the Ducati Scrambler. Hope the test ride matches the looks.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Like you TWA, I prefer the 270* crank.

I remember us talking at the Kawasaki demo's in Nashville a few years ago, you bleed green too but every now and then something comes along that grabs our attention. I LOVE YOUR GUZZI !!
I've really wanted a Scrambler for years but there was always other bikes to buy, the deal I got made this one happen and I'm glad.

I went over and checked out the Ducati Scramblers at the Orlando AIMExpo a few weeks ago, they have them priced competitive enough.....especially for a Ducati.
They have a few styles but honestly I liked them better in the pictures. I'd say they will handle & ride like a dream.

Dan

Last edited by oldkawboy; 11-13-2014 at 02:07 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:52 PM

Nice, Congratulations on your new ride !
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 06:09 PM

I love it...You should get many many trouble free miles..though I would strongly suggest an ECU retunning (if for nothing else..to keep the exhaust pipes from turning blue...stock ECU tunning is too lean)...check the Triumph forums...I've got a good friend with a 2012 Bonneville..same bike different exhaust..and he loves his bike...
I seriously considered a Triumph..but got a Versys...
You didn't mention..new?? year??
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip but the previous owner had a Triumph dealership install the pipe and they also flashed the ECU and added a performance air filter.

You made a good move by getting the Versys. I could have sold my Versys and bought a Scrambler but the Versys is a keeper, it's a do-all bike.

My 2010 was bought new in '11 as a leftover. It only had 1,129 easy miles on it by a 70 year old guy I know. He has several bikes and none of them get ridden too much. He was getting ready to trade it in on a new Tiger 800 and I got a smoking good deal.

Dan
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

I was chasing a couple used Scram's near me that were for sale, the ones that were priced great sold fast. It's on my bucket list, that or a Bonnie.

I like the Parabellum Scout fairing on either bike, painting to match, it comes off quick if you like it naked sometimes.

This is on a Bonnie or Thruxton but you get the idea. Not for everyone, but I don't think it's any uglier than the snout of my 2008 VERS....

The "Scram" a great choice. Lucky dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode