One Year Itch - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
One Year Itch

The Versys is my first motorcycle. I bought it new last year, and I've put 5000 miles on it. I love it, but......I find myself constantly looking at other motorcycles, and wondering what it would be like with them. You get the idea. The BMW F800ST, the BMW F800GS, the 2010 Ducati Multistrada, etc.
It's more than just looking at other motorcycles because I love motorcycles. I find myself trying to come up with reasons to get a different one, and I'm not the typical "keep up with the Joneses" or "distracted by the shiny penny" guy.
I'm 5' 9"-160 lbs, so the Versys has plenty of power for me, and I have a blast on it every time I ride.
Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
The Versys is my first motorcycle. I bought it new last year, and I've put 5000 miles on it. I love it, but......I find myself constantly looking at other motorcycles, and wondering what it would be like with them. You get the idea. The BMW F800ST, the BMW F800GS, the 2010 Ducati Multistrada, etc.
It's more than just looking at other motorcycles because I love motorcycles. I find myself trying to come up with reasons to get a different one, and I'm not the typical "keep up with the Joneses" or "distracted by the shiny penny" guy.
I'm 5' 9"-160 lbs, so the Versys has plenty of power for me, and I have a blast on it every time I ride.
Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?
It is an addiction. I'm close to 50 I think the versys was my 43rd different motorcycle . After I bought the versys (about a month ago) I have already been contemplating my next bike.lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM

Ditto to the addiction.
There was already 12 bikes in my garage when I added a versys 3 days ago.

Love almost all of them. But for the right price they are out the door.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 PM

And I thought I was the only one with this affliction

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM

Yes, after you have a bike for a while, you feel you have mastered how to ride it and dont get the rush you did when you were first in awe of its performance.

the good part is that it is legal to marry 50 bikes in your lifetime, and they dont ask for alimony!!

i personally have no plans to change bikes because i do not think that my ability will surpass the capability of the bike.

i feel that when i eventually feel comfortable with the bike i will appreciate it for the transportation,

and will hopefully be safer riding a bike that i can dominate well.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM

I'm always in the market for a new bike. I've only had four different bikes in 25+ years because when I finally decide on one I tend to keep it a while. But I'm always in the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I'm always in the market for a new bike. I've only had four different bikes in 25+ years because when I finally decide on one I tend to keep it a while. But I'm always in the market.
lol...I know what you mean .The funny thing is I have owned the same make and model bikes multiple times. I have owned 5 different yamaha rz350's and still have 2 in my garage now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode