Just Test Rode A Indian Scout - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Just Test Rode A Indian Scout

Iron Pony in Columbus had Indian demo days yesterday, and today. I rode over today for a ride on the new Scout, my wife is interested in one (she is working)..

First the negative (really only one for me) I don't care for forward controls, that's the only real complaint I can find....

I am most impressed with the engine, it's a claimed 100hp, and 72ft-lbs of torque...i believe it. It's very smooth with linear power (no Harley here)..

The brakes are good, much better than any Harley i've had, but not as good as my Versys, or Vstrom. They claim 538lbs/550 wet...The bike feels very light.
The seat height caught me off guard at first, after being in my toes on the Versys, the ground was a ton closer, at 5'9" with a 29" inseam my legs were bent. The seat was very comfortable (at least for a 20 mile ride).

All in all I thinks it's a winner, and should put Indian on the map, the price seems reasonable to the competition, with much better everything..

I could ride it to the west coast with no problem..

'15 DL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 01:40 PM

Garage
Wow. That is one impressively good looking motorcycle.

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 PM

Garage
The scout is cool, and they have options to make it fit different size riders. Might could replace my mean streak one day.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 08:30 PM

Wow. I REALLY like this bike.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 01:05 AM

I at one time owned a '48 Indian Chief (1965 I believe)...I have always been interested in the comings and goings of the Indian brand...I kind of like the Scout..but am having trouble with some of the big boxy lines of it's design..specifically the huge rear fender...Some tasty mods and I bet they can became very good looking...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 PM

I have a coworker that just put a deposit down on a preorder for a Indian Scout. I sat on one and it's seat height is super low. Like 25" If a cruiser is what your looking for its a nice one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 01:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighman View Post
I have a coworker that just put a deposit down on a preorder for a Indian Scout. I sat on one and it's seat height is super low. Like 25" If a cruiser is what your looking for its a nice one.
The Scout is adjustable with different seat options and foot positions as well as handlebar changes that can be set up at time of purchase to accomodate different riders.

I will be test riding one tomorrow. My Mean Streak has extreme forward controls so that won't be a surprise for me.

I am thinking Scout or new Ducati Scrambler will be added to my garage in 2015.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 02:37 PM

Garage
I'm not a huge cruiser style bike owner but I love the look of these as well as the lighter weight, for a cruiser and newer technology compared to HD.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM

Displacement Difference, but...

I would like to see a comparison between the 2015 Vulcan S and the Scout. Just looking at the spec sheet, the Indian has more hp and torque... but the Vulcan looks interesting as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode