Anyone give a Yamaha Raider a go??!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone give a Yamaha Raider a go??!!

I've had mine for over 5 years, done everything imaginable to it and still in love with it like it was new. I haven't done anything new In a few years now.....just riding her, I've called her OFB for a long time.
With all the mods and tuning I'm running 98hp and 121 ft lbs of torque. She is quite a handful at times but never have felt out of control either through the twisties or on a straight away. These bikes are just plain perfect! Just thought I'd share my enthusiasm for a great bike with you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-13-40-39-1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	53593  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejablu110 View Post
These bikes are just plain perfect! Just thought I'd share my enthusiasm for a great bike with you all.
I love the looks of the Raider. I am a small guy and have sat on one and it felt amazing and not as big as it looks. Never took one for a spin. Looks like a super nice ride.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

They are very nice. I'm 5,6" and handle it just fine.....never dropped it because the balance of it is so good. Very smooth at high speeds on interstate and takes the twisties great as well.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I got to take a nice test ride on one when they came out. I was decked out in my Ninja riding gear so I was a sight to the cruiser riders coming the other way. The bike was perfectly neutral through the curves and was an amazing ride. I liked it, but not enough to part with the Mean Streak for it.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Very cool, I know the Mean Streak is a great bike as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode