Started a love affair with an Italian beauty! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Started a love affair with an Italian beauty!

I gave up on Kawasaki bringing the W800 to the US, so I started looking at other modern retro motorcycles. I really like the looks of the Thruxton and did some test riding in Chatanooga. The green and gold bike is really beautiful. The bike was heavy and I didn't like the shocks or brakes very much. The engine did little for me.

Then I rode the Scrambler. Same engine displacement, but different firing configuration. Much more character in the engine, but I liked the looks and riding position of the Thruxton much more.

Then I rode the CB1100 with thoughts of buying the café parts to give it that retro custom look. Honda just doesn't move my soul.

I also like the moto guzzu V7 Racer. Cool looking bike. Very few used ones around. Has a drive shaft which is a plus.

I figured that if I could score a used Scrambler at the right price I could turn it into a thruxton because many of the parts are interchangeable. I also kept looking for the V7 Racer. The other day while searching I came across a Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic. I hadn't heard of it and my research told me that it was brought into the states one year. The bike only had 760 miles on it and was a 2010. Thought I had better check it out.

What an Italian Beauty!

Below is the actual bike I bought.

It now has a new home. :-D

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 06:56 PM

Back in '75, I had a V-7 Sport. Great bike. Not familiar with the new V7 version, hope it goes well for you.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 PM

Congrats! Those type of bikes always draw my eye. I've been eyeing the thruxton for years.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:20 PM

Garage
Nice..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Garage
Did you say Scrambler.........http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97472

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 PM

Sa-weet! I think that is a much better looking bike than the W800, and I like the W800.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 08:37 PM

Spectacular bike IMHO. Well done indeed. I too started a love affair with an Italian beauty - 22years ago - and married her. Best thing I ever did.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The only thing I liked about the scrambler was the engine because it has the 270 degree crank angle creating a nice engine sound. The Thruxton and Bonnie use a 180 degree crank angle.

The high pipes are a PITA.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 09:44 AM

Ciao Bella!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
It now has a new home. :-D
Do you have 6 bikes now??? Time to update your signature photo!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Kirk - CONGRATS!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Kirk - CONGRATS!
For??
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Do you have 6 bikes now??? Time to update your signature photo!
Don't tell my wife, but I am up to seven. Added the KT250 Trials last month. I am rearranging my shop and being aggressive about culling and organizing.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Kirk - CONGRATS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
For??
I was thinking that YOU had bought the "Italian beauty".... My bad.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I was thinking that YOU had bought the "Italian beauty".... My bad.
NP Looks like two wheel has a small fleet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode