Harley unveils new electric motorcycle - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Harley unveils new electric motorcycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6F8...layer_embedded

It's too bad that don't make a engine powered version of this one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:58 PM

What does an electric potato sound like?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 02:11 PM

"Does not compute....seems to progressive for said company!"

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Congratulations to H/D. I bet they really had to work at getting a long enough extension cord.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

NO Harley 'dude' will buy one of THOSE - you can't make it sound like a AA/FD to share the experience w/ those around you...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 PM

Garage
It opens up a huge aftermarket for loud pipes with a synthesized potato potato sound.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 AM

Garage
A aftermarket piped Harley sound way better than aftermarket piped Versys.

I prefer stock exhaust on all my bikes.

It is a good looking bike. Is there a market for it? Time will tell.

I wouldn't mind having an electric dual sport bike for quietly exploring in the woods.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 AM

Garage
Nice bike, but being a Harley, I noticed that they had to haul it around in a trailer. Wouldn't be a Harley otherwise.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Nice bike, but being a Harley, I noticed that they had to haul it around in a trailer. Wouldn't be a Harley otherwise.
I used to think that way, but then I matured. If I end up with a triumph thruxton, I am going to tow it to the mountains instead of killing myself trying to ride it all that way. Why wear out a bike droning down the highway.

Sometimes you just don't have enough vacation time or have to carry stuff for the family, so you are better off towing. I have put over 100,000 miles on my current stable of bikes. No one is going to make me feel bad about towing once in a while.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

In the HD video, I suppose it helps to have the voice-over done by a guy with a deep gravel-ly voice, to make it a cooler product. He sounds a lot like the guy who does the voice-over on all the pickup truck commercials on TV.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
They're not actually making these.. they've made a few and are touring with them... but they're not going to actually produce them for retail purchase (so they say).
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Battery technology still has a long way to go before electric vehicles become practicle for every day use.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
...I wouldn't mind having an electric dual sport bike for quietly exploring in the woods.
Especially for the quiet pushing-it-OUT when the battery dies....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 07:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I used to think that way, but then I matured. If I end up with a triumph thruxton, I am going to tow it to the mountains instead of killing myself trying to ride it all that way.
No one is going to make me feel bad about towing once in a while.
I was referring more to the "trailer queen" types that we kidded at bike shows, the ones who don't want the slightest bit of road dust touching their perfect sculpture. Some of them could not ride to the show for the simple reason that it would cripple them to ride more than a half hour on their radically chopped ride.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Just chatted w/ a childhood friend (my crew-chief on my fuel drag-bike) who NOW rides a Harley, tho' at one time he had a Ducati Scrambler (250cc single), and an award-winning Triton, back in-the-day.

Very proud that he raked his H-D forks out another 3 degrees.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Just chatted w/ a childhood friend (my crew-chief on my fuel drag-bike) who NOW rides a Harley, tho' at one time he had a Ducati Scrambler (250cc single), and an award-winning Triton, back in-the-day.

Very proud that he raked his H-D forks out another 3 degrees.

I'd guess that he inhaled too many fuel fumes in his past. You might need to stage an intervention to save that man.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I'd guess that he inhaled too many fuel fumes in his past. You might need to stage an intervention to save that man.
I LOVE the guy, but believe he's BEYOND redemption now!

On a positive note:
he has two 'hot rods', a 1958 Dodge Crown Royal two-door hardtop, and a 1980s Buick Grand National Turbo V6 car.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode