Opinions on the FZ9 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Opinions on the FZ9

Kinda been drooling over Yamaha's FZ9 triple. Riding position looks real similar to the V.
At 107 [email protected] 10G. looks like it might be a lot of fun!!
MSRP $7990
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
One of the boys friend bought one and he loves it. He said the only complaint was the forks were a little soft.

Hmmmmmmm...
Unveil_main_65_zpsf8989946 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

MCN pitted it against the Duc. Hyperstrada.
Suspension was one of the downfalls of the bike, but they noted at that price point the engine made you kinda forget it's shortcomings in the suspension area.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Motorcyclist mag currently has one as a long termer.

They tried/didn't like the low dollar fork tweeks. And now spending more openly on internals to find the right fix.

Black 2012 Versys-Sold!
Blue WR250R
Green Bolens
Black GSX-S750
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Looks like a sweet ride. If it was out when I was bike shopping, I might've chosen it over the V, but the deal breaker for me would be the lack of an option to put on side hard bags. Givi makes a top rack/hardcase, but only side supports for soft bags. I really wanted to be able to put hard luggage top and side....unless I'm missing another option....
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
Looks like a sweet ride. If it was out when I was bike shopping, I might've chosen it over the V, but the deal breaker for me would be the lack of an option to put on side hard bags. Givi makes a top rack/hardcase, but only side supports for soft bags. I really wanted to be able to put hard luggage top and side....unless I'm missing another option....
Maybe by the time I am ready to test the waters on this bike, someone will have a hard bag option, although I basically just use the top box, it would be nice to have that option.
I am thinking as popular as it will become, more farkles will follow.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwodogs View Post
Maybe by the time I am ready to test the waters on this bike, someone will have a hard bag option, although I basically just use the top box, it would be nice to have that option.
I'm hoping!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
I just posted up an article from "Cycle Canada" on the NEW FZ-07 in the "General" part of the forum.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:23 AM

Bloody brilliant engine and with a bit of suspension work would be a brilliant overall bike
Shame that the Thai model does not have ABS but I suspect this is the usual Thai low ball entry strategy and ABS will come later.

Powerful and more importantly light
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Yamaha has applied for a trademark for the name "FJ-09" so you may be getting your wish.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 AM

That FZ09 would only get me speeding tickets. I have heard they are very "jerky" due to the drive by wire too.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
If Yamaha would only make an X version of this with adv. Tour styling.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 05:50 PM

I want one

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/10/0...fz8-announced/

Sat on this one this morning while I am sure that it is an electric wire to grab a hold of. The angle is way to far forward for me. Don't know if the Fz 09 is similar or not.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 PM

Nice toy but it screams for tidy tail. The brake light/license plate holder looks really awkward in its stock form. Sat on one at our local dealer and the riding position seemed quite livable to me and the burnt orange paint is really sweet.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Kinda been drooling over Yamaha's FZ9 triple. Riding position looks real similar to the V.
At 107 [email protected] 10G. looks like it might be a lot of fun!!
MSRP $7990
Back in 1969, I was 14 years old, riding a Honda S-65 in a vacant lot. That's when I saw my neighbor on his new Triumph Trident 750, blasting down our side street, front wheel in the air, accompanied by that 3 cylinder roar! The seed was planted. I would one day own a 3 cylinder four stroke motorcycle... Perhaps the FZ9, if or when it get a fairing...
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
Back in 1969, I was 14 years old, riding a Honda S-65 in a vacant lot. That's when I saw my neighbor on his new Triumph Trident 750, blasting down our side street, front wheel in the air, accompanied by that 3 cylinder roar! The seed was planted. I would one day own a 3 cylinder four stroke motorcycle... Perhaps the FZ9, if or when it get a fairing...
Here's a pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trident1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	49473  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:34 AM

I sat on the FZ-09 the other day. Felt a bit more sporty than the versys, plus loads more power. I am hoping to sweet talk the dealer into letting me take it for a test ride this weekend.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 11:59 AM

My opinion is that I'd have one if the front suspension were better and they had a bit more wind protection for long distances. I know they've got some screens now but I'd like at least a little upper body fairing protection.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I did a test ride and will not replace the Versys with one. It did nothing for me at all. The Versys is a better bike. HP don't mean anything unless all you do is race from stoplight to stoplight IMO.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode