1995 Kawi Vulcan 750 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1995 Kawi Vulcan 750

Anybody know anything about these bikes?
I'm looking for a friend.
Looks like an 1980's style cruiser. V2 750 cc shaft drive. I think it has 14k miles on it. Cast wheels and disk front brake, which is cool in my mind.
Thanks for making me look like an expert when I go look at it!
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 PM

Spammer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 PM

I have heard that at about 18k, the stator goes out, and you have to split the case to get to it. I can't find it on the internet, but I have heard this from two people. I wish I could find the source. Could be urban legend, and I may have been drinking and don't t recall the conversation correctly, but it is sticking in my memory. Anybody else hear this?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
I have heard that at about 18k, the stator goes out, and you have to split the case to get to it. I can't find it on the internet, but I have heard this from two people. I wish I could find the source. Could be urban legend, and I may have been drinking and don't t recall the conversation correctly, but it is sticking in my memory. Anybody else hear this?
I can confirm that, though the stator in my wife's Vulcan lasted a little bit longer than.
My wife has a 2001 VN750 which is pretty much identical to any year VN750. She loves the bike when it is running, which is the rub. We have since bought her a H-D Sportster so she can ride something reliable. If you buy one, pull the driveline apart and lube the splines on the driveshaft and coupling. The factory regularly neglected to lube them and they will fail. Stators and regulator/rectifiers are also prone to failure and you do have to pull the engine to replace the stator. PITA.
There is a VN750 forum that is loaded with great information if you're interested in buying one.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode