2010 Honda NT700V - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 Honda NT700V

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/nt700v.aspx

Curious new (well new to US) bike. Not as stripped down or as versatile as the V, but would be interesting to give it a test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 03:33 AM

10k...11k with ABS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 AM

680 cc v-twin with a shaft drive = low power + it's heavy.

Definitely misses the SPORT aspect of Sport-touring.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 AM

10 grand?!?! Gimme a break. It doesn't even have an inverted front fork or a six speed gearbox?! I remember when Hondas were really great, cutting edge bikes, now they just make weird crap that people just scratch their heads about. I think this thing was designed to compete againt the V-strom 650. But the Wee would walk all over the honda.

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 AM

It wasn't designed to compete with anything. It's a Pacific Coast reincarnated.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:09 AM

Short of leftover 919s, there just isn't anything in a Honda showroom that interests me. This bike has potential but i think it misses the mark, at least for me.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM

I like it and will be interested to look at one closer. I'm an old BMW rider and good reliable tourer's are what interest me. I don't ride 2 up and the power would be fine for what I like to do with a bike. Like the bags and fairing too. Honda quality and dealer network is a big plus too. The price doesn't bother me either. 5- Speed trans is OK as long as it's geared correctly.
What concerns me is the service intervals. I though I read somewhere they recommend checking the valve clearance every 6000 miles. I would not like that expense looking at all the tupperware to get through just to see the heads. At $100. per hour too.
I love that my Versys doesn't have to have that until 26,000 miles. That's more like it. I'll have my Versys with Givi V35 bags on the road touring for a long time though as much as I have fallen in love with it!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:03 PM

Found an interesting review...

"Style-wise, the NT700V looks to us like the forbidden love-child of the ST1300 and Kawasaki Versys. Which really would be a Romeo and Juliet romance if it were true…"

HA! Forbidden love child ! Also the article mentions how the integral bags have "pass-through feature" where the bags have openings you can open in each bag then pass something through. Interesting... Check it out:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/624/45...irst-Look.aspx

Last edited by Versysbob; 09-17-2009 at 04:06 PM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 01:50 PM

I rented on in the UK in '07. Deauville NT700 it's called. Folks over there nick named it Dullsville. It fits!
It worked fine for me but it's no powerhouse. V2 is pretty buzzy at freeway speed. One thing I didn't like the sidecases didn't come off.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 PM

mudarra you know what you are talking about. My uncle had a Pacific Coast and now he wishes this bike was available when he bought a replacement a few years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Typically Honda, refined but underpowered. Get the new VFR or an ST if you want a Honda Tourer.

My Album:
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 04:30 PM

It's ok looking but I think I'd go for the ST1300 as a second ride. Not that much more money and twice the bike, comfort, and long haul capability. The ST along with the V might be a good combo to have, and I don't doubt the V is more fun to ride than that 700.

My 2 cents
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 PM

I threw a leg over one at the Dallas IMS show last weekend. To me, it seems like a good bike for someone who should probably be riding a scooter but doesn't want the stigma of the scooter to go along with it. Should be a nice, safe, dependable ride for the commuter. J.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 06:38 PM

I'm thinking stabbing the old VFR 750 V-4 in there would greatly improve the bike. Update the suspension a bit and It'd be a great universal sport tourer commuter. As opposed to the Interceptor that is a good sportbike you can marginally tour on if really motivated, or the ST that is almost a Goldwing.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Still waiting on the africa twin or at least the transalp to come to the states. When that happens the Versys will get traded. Until then Im gonna ride it until the wheels turn square.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Like the way the NT700V looks

2010 Versys $7,599
+ Givi V35 saddlebags and SW-Motech racks $830
+ Baldwin Custom Saddle With Vinyl Cover & Pro Pad Gel Insert $395
+ Mike's Touring shield $90
-------
$ 8914 (effective price relative to the NT700V not incl. lowering kits ... or mirrors)

2010 Honda NT700V $9999

Other comparisons
------------------
NT700V info:
  • V-twin
  • 31.7" seat height < 1.4" lower then Versys>
  • 5-speed trany w/ shaft drive
  • 65 horsepower <5 more then Versys>
  • 49 ft/lb of torque <4 more then Versys>
  • same range and MPG as Versys
  • 566 pounds <112 lbs more then Versys>
  • Honda’s Combined Braking System (CBS) & ABS available in USA

• Black Firstgear Mesh-Tex 2.0 Pants + Y/B Fieldsheer Air Tour Mesh Jacket + N/S Deluxe All Season Cover X-Large + Evolution 4 Disc Lock

Last edited by surferbum; 04-04-2010 at 04:14 PM.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Saw it at the dealership 2 days ago caught my eye but it was pretty wide in the rear end

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 07:32 PM

I'm thinkin Triumph Sprint for a tourer, if ever I get to.

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 04-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Looked at one at the local dealership. I like the fairing pockets. Nice bike but for the price I will stick with my Versys.

2013 Vulcan Classic LT but may be going back in the fold..
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
naz

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/nt...fications.aspx

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/D...+ABS#focusHere

this engine is used in honda transalp (xlv700) also.
it is well sold in europe,but believe me in the real road its much slower than the versys.calculate also that the range of mpg in versys is much better.i dont see any reason to buy something so technologicaly outdated ,you must love ,or pity honda tooooo much to buy it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode