Honda CBR650F 2014 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Honda CBR650F 2014

So, Honda just announced that they're gonna bring the CBR650F to the US for 2014.

I'm not sure we get this color scheme, but it's what is available for the the model intro launch.

This is a new model for Honda, a revising of the CBR600F. There is also a naked version, CB650F, which we don't get here in the states. Most of the comments I've seen wish we'd get the naked, but based on the ER6N here, you really can't blame them for only bringing us the faired one.
I'm not really a Full-Fairing guy, but I do like this one, kind of a peek-a-boo effect that gives glimpses of some nice features (beautiful headers) and doesn't hide the engine, just the plumbing. Naked bikes are cool to look at, but I want some wind protection if I'm gonna ride it very far.
The engine is an inline-4; they're quoting 85HP with a power band weighted toward mid-range. The bike weighs 461 lbs with a full tank- 4.5 gallons. MPG numbers I've seen are about 60, so that gives it really good range. Looks like a good bet for a middleweight sport-tourer- look out F800GT!
The swingarm and undermount exhaust look pretty familiar, right? Some of the nicest features of the Versys, I can see why they copied them. The suspension is decidedly more budget though; non-adjustable damper-rod forks with 4.3" of travel, and 5" at the pre-load only shock. Honda owns Showa though, and they've been getting pretty good performance from budget components. Budget brakes too, 2-piston fronts with single-piston rear, same as the Versys, though using different calipers. ABS is an option.
MSRP is $8499, $8999 ABS. Compare that with the $7999 ABS for either the 2014 Versys or the 2014 Ninja 650. The F800GT is $11,800, ABS standard. If I rode more highway this new Honda might seriously tempt me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Nice middle weight ST. Did it, maybe different colors too.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 PM
MTS

Bet its a great bike, but I do not like the lean over the tank to grab the handle bars!

Not doin it! Ball smasher!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Looks more like the v08 model. Hope its a 4 cylinder.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:57 PM

yes, it's a four, based on an older CBR. you can see three of the downpipes. looks like they've made it into a smaller, cheaper vfr-type thing for people who want a small ST. also an options for those who want a 600SS but would rather not spend 12 stacks.

thay new vfr is pretty tempting to me. memories.... link

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>

Last edited by kevrider; 02-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode