2014 harley Models - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
2014 harley Models

I was surfing around and found out that Harley is coming out with 2 new models for 14'.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson is putting the Hog on a diet. That and more top money stories you need to know Tuesday.

Earns Harley DavidsonNam Y. Huh/AP
Harley-Davidson (HOG) will begin selling a pair of new, smaller motorcycles in the spring. They're designed for younger, urban riders who favor maneuverability over power. The new bikes have lighter frames and a narrower profile.
When was Harley known for power?

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://street.harley-davidson.com/en_US

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
A coworker has a 110 HP at the rear wheel Harley Softail.

I think he said 110 ft-lbs of torque.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/11/04/...atform-part-1/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Actually looks pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
A coworker has a 110 HP at the rear wheel Harley Softail.

I think he said 110 ft-lbs of torque.
Spend enough $ on anything and you can get some high #'s, but I compare stock off the showroom floor. My STOCK V( has a slip on, but there is no power there) will walk away from a coworkers Softail. He has the Screaming Eagle race exhaust, dyno tuning, and a few other things.

Im not saying they are bad bikes. But "power" is definitely not what I think of when I hear Harley

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

Exclamation

......URBAN.......AUTHENTIC.......SOUL............ .............BULLSH*T!!!!!

That's what I would add to their banner header in
this link; http://street.harley-davidson.com/en_US

It's designed purely for non-Harley enthusiasts & is trying to get into the heads of the wannabee "Urban Set!"

To me the bike is an embarrassment to anyone riding it, & the only people who could earn some street cred would be a skinny sassy little 20 something female with tight jeans & a scuffed leather jacket!

Could you imagine rolling up at a Harley Patch Meet on one of those!!!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Banned

Pretty Acerbic and coming from someone who rides a 650cc bike.

HD must have a different clientele in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post

It's designed purely for non-Harley enthusiasts & is trying to get into the heads of the wannabee "Urban Set!"

To me the bike is an embarrassment to anyone riding it, & the only people who could earn some street cred would be a skinny sassy little 20 something female with tight jeans & a scuffed leather jacket!

Last edited by Seeya; 11-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Pretty Acerbic and coming from someone who rides a 650cc bike
Don't Acerbic make bark busters & oversized ugly gas tanks for 'bikes???

I ride a 650 because l'm not trying to create an image & the bike does what I want it to do, & FYI l've owned 'bikes from 125cc thro' to 1500cc & not one of them was bought to impress anyone else!

Do you own a Hardley (sic) by any chance?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Look kinda of like the lovechild of a Honda Ascot and a Sporty.

I don't know how many they'll sell in the states where the Sporty is a "Girls Bike" and these two are even smaller at 750 & 500.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Put some café bars and rear sets on it and it will appeal to the urban hipsters. If they get rid of the single pin crank they could actually put out some power. My '85 Honda Shadow 700 was an awesome bike. Of course that was back when a 750cc bike was still considered an impressive machine.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Had to laugh the other day as I passed a Suzuki S40 cruiser with a good sized bloke on it who was wearing a sons on anarchy leather jacket. Could not stop laughing under my helmet.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:

I would not buy one ,but I would have no problem riding one. I just like riding .
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
What Harley does not want their customers to know after their marketing department has spent so much effort flag waving, is this bike was originally designed in Italy a few years back for the India factory to manufacture. Harley USA did restyle it somewhat though to give it more of a cruiser look. The original design was a standard bike with some VRod styling influences. Liked the look of the original better. It appears this article was removed as I can no longer find it or the pictures of the original design with Google.

Harley will manufacture the bike in India and import the parts to the US where it will do the final assembly. I assume this will help them skirt the import duties and enable them to sell it as a domestic bike.

http://rideapart.com/2013/09/2014-ha...on-500-photos/

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/568/16...-at-110th.aspx
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Banned

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM

A V-Rod and a Sportster put together. Harley is trying to get in the young people market, the 750 has some potential.

Funny how fast they are becoming a metric/rice burner bike manufacturer.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Banned

Wink

Do you want some street cred in the Big Apple or whichever urbanite city that requires you to convey your personality via a material object.??..Try this baby!
http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/sta...site=obnetwork
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you want some street cred in the Big Apple or whichever urbanite city that requires you to convey your personality via a material object.??..Try this baby!
http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/sta...site=obnetwork
Could NOT understand the rider w/ his left foot out skimming the road thru that left turn....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Could NOT understand the rider w/ his left foot out skimming the road thru that left turn....
He prolly had some dog sh*t that needed scraping off!!!!
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 AM

He's just having a "Flat Tracker" flashback is all. No doubt thinking Jay's on his ass at The Mile.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 PM

His foot is dead weight. I think he's just trying to snap it off for the performance benefit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode