2014 Yamaha FZ-09 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Yamaha's new sportbike. It's a triple and looks super sweet. I wish I could afford one! For anyone looking for some reading material.

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/spo...85/0/home.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/649/16...irst-Look.aspx

Looks like there's a forum for it too: Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 PM

Do keep up at the back.........

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=31369

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Ahem... in my defense, that's in the wrong section... kind of... :'(

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Journalists act like this is something new out of Yamaha.

Here is my '77 XS750 triple.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 PM

That XS750 had double-wall exhaust headers, shaft drive, transverse mount....pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing that. (Note: EFI wasn't around yet, the microprocessor was still to come. Positive Crankcase Vent system was the only anti-smog. Gas had no ethanol and plenty of lead. Good times. :-) )

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
The XS750 was the FASTEST 750 available when it came out. I bought one (red tank), then Suzuki brought out the 750 (GS...?), and IT was now the fastest.

Oh well....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 05:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
The XS750 was the FASTEST 750 available when it came out. I bought one (red tank), then Suzuki brought out the 750 (GS...?), and IT was now the fastest.

Oh well....
I was 19 when I bought mine. I had the silver one with every touring option you could add to it. It was an awesome machine and I have many fond memories of the rides I took with that bike and the tourist girls in Daytona Beach who had to have a ride on the beach.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
That XS750 had double-wall exhaust headers, shaft drive, transverse mount....pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing that. (Note: EFI wasn't around yet, the microprocessor was still to come. Positive Crankcase Vent system was the only anti-smog. Gas had no ethanol and plenty of lead. Good times. :-) )
As a 19 year old, I did not appreciate what I had with that great motorcycle. I knew the driveshaft made it easier to maintain than my friends bikes, but I did not even realize how advanced that bike was when compared to all the other 750s that were out at the time.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:10 AM

Garage
Worth watching if you're interested in the new yamaha
Yamaha MT-09 / FZ-09 Tracer Testride & Review!: http://youtu.be/rxMQl5dQvjs
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieglitter View Post
Worth watching if you're interested in the new yamaha
http://youtu.be/rxMQl5dQvjs
I fixed your link. Not much of a reviewer, but his mannerisms made me laugh a lot.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I fixed your link. Not much of a reviewer, but his mannerisms made me laugh a lot.
Thanks Saddlebag. I posted it from my phone. Things get a bit small when doing it this way.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Perfected your link :P

No Video
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:01 AM

Garage
Good on you mate. He's not the best reviewer in the world, but he's your average guy, not a paid journo. He certainly enjoyed this bike.

Last edited by eddieglitter; 01-28-2015 at 01:03 AM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 03:54 AM

CagerOnTwoWheels is one of my favorite reviewer even tho its more about fun then anything else. 13:40 is so fun to watch. He loves what he is doing
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
He was certainly laughing!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
It does induce proper passenger ergos:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode