Ducati Hyperstrada - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Ducati Hyperstrada

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/hypermot...trada/index.do

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Absolutely love Ducatis, their Monster line is my all time favourite. Just sat on one of these stradas this weekend and the positioning is really awkward. Cramped for my 5.11-190lbs frame and not too much space for pillion either.
Feels quite small and uncomfy compared to the Versys. Now the Multistrada or the Diavel...a whole different story.

Last edited by ultra; 02-27-2013 at 06:13 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 04:08 PM

I checked out the HyperStrada at the bike show in NYC and I was underwhelmed. Might be a hoot to ride, but it's certainly no touring bike. The bags are flimsy, the ergos are wonky, the seat height is in the stratosphere, the range is dismal. Depends what you like, I guess. I give credit to Ducati for coming out with lots of new models but this one left me disappointed. I'd love to see a reimagined Ducati ST3/ST4.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I am very intrigued with the Multistrada. Don't like that it is chain drive though. I might rent one for a tour of New England in the future though.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well i've been looking at all types of bikes for awhile now because i've been wanting a new bike. The insurance finally settled on my wreck from 11/2011 so i'll have extra money to blow on whatever bike i want. Most of the bikes that peak my interest are similar to the Versys. My biggest problem has been getting my leg over easily because of my injuries and that problem would still exist with the other bikes as well. So i made my final decision. I'm keeping the Versys and will put speedys lowering kit on it next week. I like to much about this bike to change. it does everything i need.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 AM
MTS

Well I'm glad Joesph because I have always enjoyed you beings here! And your humor is priceless!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Well I'm glad Joesph because I have always enjoyed you beings here! And your humor is priceless!

Thanks, Its always good to know that i haven't pissed off a guy that carries 3 weapons on him. : Taking the ride to San Diego tomorrow to Motowerks.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-03-2013 at 07:56 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Strikes me as a sound decision to keep the Versys. Wouldn't care to see you wander off to some snobbish Ducatista forum; I'd miss your videos, photo essays and comments a great deal.

Fun to look at other stuff though, isn't it? I wonder why no one seems to give consideration to the Aprilia Mana or Mana GT? I spent an afternoon on one some time back and thoroughly enjoyed it - handled well, tons of torque, good storage, and the price seems to have dropped significantly of late. Oh, and I do consider it a "real" motorcycle despite the twist and go option.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode