yamaha tenere 700 and tracer 900 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
have to say, i dont think i'll forget the day i brought home my fj-09! get to the dealership and finish the paperwork, he said to give him an hour to make sure everything is good with the bike. go out to the truck (my dads) and it wont start. keep in mind, this truck is a 2015 f-150 with less the 50k on it. its saying the coolant temperature was exceeded, meanwhile the temperature gauge is showing it all the way cool. it would start intermittently, so i try to back it up and it just dies! thankfully, my dad got the bumper to bumper on it when he bought it, so the tow back to the dealership was covered. then we get to the dealership and the service writer says he only has powertrain on it and electrical is not covered. we go up front to the salesman and he confirms it is bumper to bumper. turns out it was never put in the system that its bumper to bumper coverage. so we got that sorted, brought my mom back home because she picked us up at the dealer, which didnt have a courtesy truck for us to use.

so when i got home, i call the u-haul place near me and they have a 10' truck there that is available. sweet, i can go use that to get the bike home! i get there and the guy doesnt know how to rent out a u-haul truck....... says if i reserve it online he can do it because the person that usually does it is not there! un-freakinbeliveable! so i go down the road to the other place that has u-haul trucks, but all they have is 15 footers. screw it, give it to me! didnt take more than 5 minutes to get keys to a truck! actually worked out better because the 15' truck has a built in ramp which made it super easy to get the bike in and out safely.

4 hours later and $75 less in my wallet, i have the fj home in my garage! no pics yet because it was pitch black when i got home, but its nice to know she is home now.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 09:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBlue View Post
...4 hours later and $75 less in my wallet, i have the fj home in my garage! no pics yet because it was pitch black when i got home, but its nice to know she is home now.

Sounds like adventures are already happening for you with that bike. Now you've got a great story go look back on. Happy for your pop's that things worked out with the warranty mix up.
ThunderBlue likes this.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 01-10-2020 at 02:52 PM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

got a picture of her sitting in my garage because its freezing rain outside right now. (dont pay any attention the horrible state of my garage!)

the only add-ons i can see on her is the pyramid front fender extender, carbon fiber scorpion exhaust and yamaha radiator guard. i have to say, i really like the that this bike comes standard with a center stand! the seat doesnt feel too uncomfortable either. now i just need all this damn snow to go away and the rain to clear the salt off the roads so i can ride!

you can see my versys in the background.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBlue View Post
got a picture of her sitting in my garage because its freezing rain outside right now. (dont pay any attention the horrible state of my garage!)

the only add-ons i can see on her is the pyramid front fender extender, carbon fiber scorpion exhaust and yamaha radiator guard. i have to say, i really like the that this bike comes standard with a center stand! the seat doesnt feel too uncomfortable either. now i just need all this damn snow to go away and the rain to clear the salt off the roads so i can ride!

you can see my versys in the background.

Ship it on down here to Arizona. I will help you scrub the tires on that perty machine.
Center stands are not overrated in my book. I love the one on my 1000 and enjoyed the other I put on my 650.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Yamaha is making some real nice bikes over the last few years. In fact, everything they make is great really. Musicians know this especially. Their pianos, horns, acoustic guitars, reference speakers, on and on. All top notch in a similar man and machine meld as bikes, making instruments that make great sound for music. When they commit to making something they go all in. So when I see their level of perfection in that field I know that their bikes are good, its as simple as that!
ThunderBlue likes this.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigar View Post
Sounds like adventures are already happening for you with that bike. Now you've got a great story go look back on. Happy for your pop's that things worked out with the warranty mix up.
nope, this dealer is completely incapable of diagnosing a problem! i personally scanned the codes from the truck before i left the dealership with my own code reader and it showed cylinder head temperature sensor high voltage. they said it was a bad throttle body........ i told my dad he is going to pick it up and its going to die on the way home leaving him stranded again. what f***ing happened? EXACTLY THAT! now they think its a bad thermostat causing the temp gauage to go from normal, to zero, and then up to pegged after sitting! what a bunch of complete effing idiots! dont think they even scanned it! this is probably the scum service writer tying up the truck because he was proved wrong about the warranty! honestly, he even looked and acted like an a**hole! they better not try to charge us another $100 deductible either! this is the kind of crap why i NEVER bring my stuff ANYWHERE to have it worked on! most of the so called technicians are not, they are parts changers. they dont know how to properly diagnose an issue. just pisses me off!!! sorry about the rant, just had to get it out of my system.

BTW, DO NOT go to browns ford in johnstown ny to have your vehicle serviced.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

little update here. couple weeks back, i added some larger hand guards and a beak to my fj-09.

and then yesterday, i finally payed off the loan on my versys! now i just have to wait for the clean title to come in the mail and i will be looking to trade it for a dual sport bike.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

just got out for the first ride on my fj-09 today! have to say, it feels much more solid and stable than my versys, and the wind protection is much better as well! has all the power i would ever need and very little vibration through the bars. im absolutely in love! have not even touched the suspension settings, but it feels perfect for my 260lb+ self.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 05:03 AM

Didn't you ride it before putting on the hand guards? I wonder how does it feel without larger ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode