Look at the CRF250M! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Look at the CRF250M!

I have wanted a 250 Motard for Soooooo long! The new Honda CRF250 platform is calling me!

The only bad part is I must wait. Not looking like they will be bringing it to the US this year. I know they had trouble moving the 230M's because you can still see new 2009's for sale on Ebay and C'list. Not surprising as the 230 was underpowered, older styled, and older tech compared to the KLX250SF.

I don't need another highway bike but I would have so much fun around town...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ble-supermoto/

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 02-10-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 PM
MTS

You know I've been waiting for one of these too!

I like the black one, but will we get it?

I just want the dual though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM

I know you said 250 but have you considered a DRZ400 motard. You can really get them crackin with some minor mods and they are long term bullet proof engines. Just a bit more power then a 250 can offer is nice. I like the look of the Honda too..
250 Registration here is less than half the cost of bigger bikes which is really appealing. Is that the same for you over there?

Last edited by crow; 02-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post
I know you said 250 but have you considered a DRZ400 motard. You can really get them crackin with some minor mods and they are long term bullet proof engines. Just a bit more power then a 250 can offer is nice. I like the look of the Honda too..
250 Registration here is less than half the cost of bigger bikes which is really appealing. Is that the same for you over there?
I really like the size/weight of the 250 in comparison to the DRZ. I am a smaller fella and really have a soft spot for the smaller bikes. They are IMHO more fun around town than a larger bike. You can really throw them around.

Yes, all costs are less with a 250cc. Registration, insurance, taxes are all less $. That's why I would have no problems adding one to my garage!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
You know I've been waiting for one of these too!

I like the black one, but will we get it?

I just want the dual though!
I was considering the DS version 250L and might have bought one except I don't like the Honda Red color scheme. Now that I know there is a chance for the black to come here in a year or two, I will just keep riding what I have and pounce if they do bring it to the US! I do not have anywhere to ride off road nearby so the motard setup is very appealing to me.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I was considering the DS version 250L and might have bought one except I don't like the Honda Red color scheme. Now that I know there is a chance for the black to come here in a year or two, I will just keep riding what I have and pounce if they do bring it to the US! I do not have anywhere to ride off road nearby so the motard setup is very appealing to me.
I hear ya Capn! The motard would work for me also. Its just the colors like you said!

There is a KLX250 2009 red & white with 600 mi I could get for about 3,500 to 3,700, but no way with Honda FI!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post

Put a deposit on a drz400sm back in Dec.Called Suzuki USA in Cali. on Friday they told me they have no idea when it will be available in the states.Said it was set for a dec.2012 release but they have no idea what the delay is.Suzuki is also offering 0% financing till the end of March.If they make me wait long enough ktm will probably bring the 390 into the states and I will have to check that bike out.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Invader!

I love the KLX250SF as well but ruled it out because it is carb'ed.

I will only buy FI from now on.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM

A few years ago, when I was shopping for a new bike (which eventually became my Versys) I stopped into a Kawasaki dealer outside my local area to look at a used bike they had. I saw a KLX250SF on the floor and mentioned to the sales guy that I always thought that would be a fun around-town bike to have. He told me they had picked up a dozen of them from Kawasaki with huge incentives and were, in his words, "blowing them out at $2999." I thought about it, but there was no way I could afford to buy two bikes and I really needed the Versys for traveling. But $2999 for a new bike that originally listed, as I recall, for $5,099, was a hell of a deal. For that price, I would have put up with a carburetor.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I have wanted a 250 Motard for Soooooo long! The new Honda CRF250 platform is calling me!

The only bad part is I must wait. Not looking like they will be bringing it to the US this year. I know they had trouble moving the 230M's because you can still see new 2009's for sale on Ebay and C'list. Not surprising as the 230 was underpowered, older styled, and older tech compared to the KLX250SF.

I don't need another highway bike but I would have so much fun around town...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ble-supermoto/

Dang, I'm not a motard type but, as they say, "thems purdy!" Black and gold - shazaam! However, if I brought home every bike I liked I'd probably no longer have a charming spouse, or home, or any $$$$ left either.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I own the KLX250S and took a nice test ride on a KLX250SF because I found one at a great price. I was not that impressed with the SM version. Plenty of power for a dual sport, but not enough for an SM. I think a Husky or KTM SM would be nice.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM
MTS

Now the KLX250SF yes awesome bike! But the ones above, come on invader no way! Japan over china all day long!

Do you not like Honda? Just askin?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 AM

LOL. You really crack me up, MTS.

I'm just showing you guys what's interesting or intriguing out there. The Kawasaki is not available in North America.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
LOL. You really crack me up, MTS.

I'm just showing you guys what's interesting or intriguing out there. The Kawasaki is not available in North America.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 PM

I have the CRF250L. It's an awesome bike. It does well both on the street and in the dirt. The SM version looks great.

I had a KLX250SF for a while too. That was also a fun bike.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 AM

Not a motard, but the KTM Duke 390 has been drawing my eye since it was announced. Even more power than the 250M or DR-Z and less weight; 306 lb. vs. 320 (assuming the 306 number for the Duke is curb). Now that a US release is confirmed, I'll have some interesting choices to make next year, or perhaps the year after.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Chances are looking good for the UK and hopefully the US market!!

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ho...ide-57854.html
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 AM

Thumbs up

All new Honda CRF250L available in USA is based on the same chassis and CBR250R-derived engine with PGM-FI.

Cycle News- 2013 250 Dual Sport Shootout Honda CRF250L VS. Kawasaki KLX250S VS. Yamaha WR250R

"The all new Honda CRF250L made the top spot on our shootout podium for a couple of important reasons - for its very good all-around performance and for its very appealing $4499 ($4999 in Canada) price tag. You get a lot of motorcycle for not a lot of money."

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/CRF250L.aspx

3rd place for poor performance http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/109/15...out-Video.aspx

Last edited by invader; 04-13-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode