Forgive me brothers for I have sinned. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

14Likes
  • 4 Post By Kyle E
  • 2 Post By BLACK DOG
  • 1 Post By Kyle E
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Devilsfan
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 2 Post By PARIAH
  • 1 Post By FriendlyVikingDude

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Forgive me brothers for I have sinned.

NEW BIKE DAY IS BEST BIKE DAY!!!!!!!!

2013 super tenere that I got for a hell of a deal. 1200cc monster, about tossed me off the seat when I romped on it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
For a moment there I thought that maybe you quit riding or bought cheap beer.
Nice ride...I'd like to borrow one of those for a week or four.
Fastoman and Kyle E like this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats. They are nice bikes.

I really thought an ES was in my future, but the electronic suspension just didn't measure up to what I had on my Triumph Trophy SE.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Congrats. They are nice bikes.

I really thought an ES was in my future, but the electronic suspension just didn't measure up to what I had on my Triumph Trophy SE.
Yeah Ive seen not so great reviews of the ES suspension. Basically the reviewers couldn't tell the difference in ride between -3 and +3 (the extreme ends).

I still can't get over all the reviews Ive seen about the bike being "boring" some jaded mofo's there if they think this bike is anywhere near boring.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post
Yeah Ive seen not so great reviews of the ES suspension. Basically the reviewers couldn't tell the difference in ride between -3 and +3 (the extreme ends).

I still can't get over all the reviews Ive seen about the bike being "boring" some jaded mofo's there if they think this bike is anywhere near boring.

It is all based on perspective. On one end of the spectrum the Ducati Multistrada and the KTM super adventure bikes are like riding Thoroughbred race horses. Very exciting but tough to live with day to day. On the other end is the Africa twin. Does everything well, is dead on reliable, but kinda boring.

For me the Super Tenere is somewhere in the middle with its ease of use, but still can provide some excitement.

I quickly realized why there were so many barely used Ducs and KTMs available to test ride. Kind of like having an affair with a true red head.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I quickly realized why there were so many barely used Ducs and KTMs available to test ride. Kind of like having an affair with a true red head.
Musclehead acquaintance from work asked me about a starter bike. He's never been on 2 before. Failed the MSF the first time.... I recommended buying something dirt cheap on CL I'd help him shop etc filp it after a few months under his belt. NOPE he bought a KTM 1290 super duke.....

Guess who got the call 2 days later to ride it home from where he crashed it? Never rode it again. Still sitting in his garage 6+ months later.
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
...I quickly realized why there were so many barely used Ducs and KTMs available to test ride. Kind of like having an affair with a true red head.
Wonder how many $ THIS BMW F800GS sold for? NEVER was able to figure out HOW he got it like that....

GREAT tow-truck driver, huh...!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00796 copy.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	450.9 KB
ID:	163783   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00800 copy.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	163785  
Fastoman and twowheeladdict like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Congrats on the Tenre!!! Great looking ride!

What'd ya do with your Versys?
Kyle E likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
FORGIVE BROTHER FOR HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE DOES"

congrats on your new found toy - be safe.
Kyle E likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
[QUOTE=fasteddiecopeman;1618005]Wonder how many $ THIS BMW F800GS sold for? NEVER was able to figure out HOW he got it like that....

I think he got the back end of the bike off the road down in the ditch. Thought he could ride it straight up and out and powered hard and it wheelied over back on him. Maybe he or she got thrown aside as the bike smashed it's seat in to the rocks. Hope you are having a great summer in the Great White North Eddie.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on the bike.
Didn't know there was a coast in Vegas.
twowheeladdict and Kyle E like this.

so it goes...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Garage
More bikes, more fun! Grats

(Denmark has massive registration tax on bikes and cars - I'm happy to have just A bike
Kyle E likes this.

..be one of the good guys.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
Congrats on the Tenre!!! Great looking ride!

What'd ya do with your Versys?
Girlfriend said it was her or the bike. So I now have 2 bikes. Have the Versys up for sale, but selling bikes takes forever.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARIAH View Post
Congrats on the bike.
Didn't know there was a coast in Vegas.
Sellers pic, he lives in Huntington Beach. But we do have a good lake and lots of river!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyVikingDude View Post
More bikes, more fun! Grats

(Denmark has massive registration tax on bikes and cars - I'm happy to have just A bike
My versys is $90 a year ($25 of that is custom lic plate), and this one will probably be $150 ish.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post

My versys is $90 a year ($25 of that is custom lic plate), and this one will probably be $150 ish.
Just did the math.

A brand new 2019 Versys 1000 - stock - is around 37000 USD here. 180% registration tax. That said, we do get all the free hospitals, free education, and all of that jazz, just to put it into perspective.

..be one of the good guys.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

[quote=cjcintucson;1618027][QUOTE=fasteddiecopeman;1618005]Wonder how many $ THIS BMW F800GS sold for? NEVER was able to figure out HOW he got it like that....
Quote:

Hope you are having a great summer in the Great White North Eddie.
AND you too, in the Great Brown South Chuck!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 05-24-2019 at 04:39 PM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyVikingDude View Post
Just did the math.

A brand new 2019 Versys 1000 - stock - is around 37000 USD here. 180% registration tax. That said, we do get all the free hospitals, free education, and all of that jazz, just to put it into perspective.

Do you also have a high income tax?

Personally I would rather have high consumer taxes than income tax. Since I hate paying taxes I would work that to may advantage. Our economy and government pushes consumerism so they can't penalize us too much on buying which keeps the economy going so they can continue to bring in income taxes.

Overall, we end up giving about 1/2 our income up in some form of taxes when you combine all types of taxes we pay. We have some control if we want to limit our income or spending.

My Versys Travels:

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Personally I would rather have high consumer taxes than income tax....
Me TOO. Then the criminals w/ Ferraris, etc. would get taxed, as they don't pay income taxes.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode