Trying To Kill A KLR - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

4Likes
  • 2 Post By Glenn21
  • 1 Post By Beezerboy
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Trying To Kill A KLR

Another great video put out by the guys at Fortnine. Terrific lines like "the cheapest thing on a KLR is the rider" and "with brakes so awful they qualify as the first motorcycle anti-lock system". I own a KLR too and identify with some of the stuff mentioned. Heck, I even threw on a sheepskin to do my ride up to Dawson City and back.

No Video
onewizard and 16VGTIDave like this.

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Vonnegut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 03:55 AM

Garage
easy to kill.... don't check the oil

otherwise, its a friggin cockroach & will live through WW3
Skypilot 69 likes this.

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezerboy View Post
easy to kill.... don't check the oil....
Or FEED it diesel.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Or FEED it diesel.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 06:48 PM

Thanks for sharing! Freakin' hilarious! That was just the comic relief I needed after this weekend

So, with the perspective of being a 99.5% street rider, having spent a day riding a DR-350 on fire roads, and a couple days riding a KLR-650 on the mean streets of San Francisco and San Mateo, and having no loyalty to either (owned multiple Suzuki's and now the Versys 650), I'm curious....

...is the KLR any less "killable" than a honda XR 650L or a Suzkui DR 650.

Not better or worse. Not more or less suited to a purpose. Not about the sales lifetime.

Just whether the air-cooled Suzuki or Honda are any more or less reliable?

(wouldn't trade my Versys for any of them as I head off to work tomorrow on my 80 mile R/T highway commute, mixing it with Suburbans and F-150s going well over the posted 70mph speed limit)

Rob in KC
'14 Versys 650, 25K miles
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Or FEED it diesel.
I was referring to diesel into a gasoline engine - in '05, rode thru MN fishing w/ a buddy on his KLR, as was I, and when we split- me going N, him heading E to AR, he filled up on the interstate a few miles E, and accidentally filled his w/ diesel.

It began running VERY rough a few minutes later [he suspected he'd put in diesel], so rather then getting onto the shoulder and draining his tank, he continued to the next exit, then returned to the gas station, but by then he'd ruined his engine.

Took him a couple of tries before he got the engine rebuilt PROPERLY. BTW - IF you remember me mentioning a friend w/ a URAL and a ride to AK w/ MANY stops to 'fix' his carbs, followed by it burning to the ground while on the first day of a TAT ride... SAME BUDDY....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 01:21 PM

I know a few people who either attract or create that type of issue.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:16 AM

Garage
Fortnine has the best motorcycle videos on the net. I am a subscriber and enjoy every webisode.

The production quality puts all the others to shame.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Fortnine has the best motorcycle videos on the net. I am a subscriber and enjoy every webisode.

The production quality puts all the others to shame.
-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
-
A little off topic, but here's a video that was done in your summer backyard fasteddie.

No Video

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Vonnegut
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty sure a LOT of it was filmed along the KVR route to Naramata, especially where he's sitting on a camp chair w/ the Bennett Bridge in the background....

Been there a "few" times. Thanks.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode