Hold up... Is this for real?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

18Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 2 Post By AlaskaJeff
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By Rob9876
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By Devilsfan
  • 3 Post By 16VGTIDave
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hold up... Is this for real??

I might have to sell my Versys in 2020!

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...n-america.html

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Where have you been? This along with a streetfighter and a power cruiser and an electric bike are coming. Liquid cooled powerful twin evolution of the vrod engine.
Fastoman likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
It will be TOO heavy and WAAAAAY too expensive when it finally makes it to production....
Fastoman and Devilsfan like this.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
that seat doesn't look very comfortable for a long ride :O

Versys 2015 Green
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
We will wait and see what HD brings out and what will be the $$$$.
52Degrees likes this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah... Some of the details look pretty scary.

Like the front turn signals. I like the way they look, but what happens the first time they get bashed on a trail or lane splitting? I bet they cost upward of $350 apiece after Harley tax.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Devilsfan likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Garage
Keep in mind that there are many different levels of Adventure bikes.

Street oriented like the Versys 1000, Honda Crosstour, cast wheel versions of the GS, Tiger, etc.

Dirt road oriented like the Versys 650, etc.

True Adventure like the 800GS adventure, Tiger 800 XC, KTM690, etc.

I'm thinking the Harley will fall in the first category with dirt roads for the brave.

Although I have ridden my Concours 1400 and Triumph Trophy SE and Voyager 1700 on forest service roads at 30 mph and under.
16VGTIDave and 52Degrees like this.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
We will wait and see what HD brings out and what will be the $$$$.
The price will likely be crazy.
52Degrees likes this.

2015 Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Versys 650 ABS, 2006 Vulcan 500 (sold)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
It will be TOO heavy and WAAAAAY too expensive when it finally makes it to production....
Jeff - yah, but there will be some VERY nice tee-shirts and jackets, available at your H-D "Retailer"....

Turk and 52Degrees like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Gonna look funny riding one of those, what, with a leather vest, skid lid, goatee and "mean face"!!!
Turk and 52Degrees like this.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I have to admit that I'm looking forward to this. I like that HD is breaking out of their self-designed 'bad-a$$ biker/cruiser' mould of the past decades. Like it or not, one has to admit that the people at HD have been doing a pretty good job of marketing and merchandising to this point. That said, they are starting to loose market share and need a new angle. The 'Adventure' segment is growing at an ever increasing rate.

Having looked closely at the pictures of the pre-production prototype, I'm liking what I see. That bike will compare well to the big $ ADV touring bikes from Europe. Spoked wheels, radial calipers, big windshield and hand guards, big displacement multi-cam V-Twin, and no doubt features like ABS, cruise control, navigation system, etc. And a massive established dealer / service network across North America that knows how to treat their clients very well while maxing out their credit cards...

I figure the 50+ ADV touring market segment will be seriously considering this bike along with the big BMW's and KTM's that are currently selling well.

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 10:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Jeff - yah, but there will be some VERY nice tee-shirts and jackets, available at your H-D "Retailer"....

Have you priced Kawasaki tee-shirts and jackets?
52Degrees likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Have you priced Kawasaki tee-shirts and jackets?
Yes. Even as a retired airline pilot WAY more than I can afford...., but CHEAPER than the H-D ones.
52Degrees likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 06:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Yes. Even as a retired airline pilot WAY more than I can afford...., but CHEAPER than the H-D ones.
That's because you have only seen retail. I get HD T-shirts for under $10 and Polo shirts for $15 - $20 at a dealer that discounts their items at the end of the season just like the mall stores do.

Harley T-shirts at retail are no more expensive than buying T-shirts at most souvineer locations.

Oh, and retired airline pilot who has two homes and a bike in each home. Doesn't sound like you are hurting too bad.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Oh, and retired airline pilot who has two homes and a bike in each home. Doesn't sound like you are hurting too bad.
You need to understand that THAT is why I can't afford "factory" tees, for Kawi OR Harley....
twowheeladdict likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that there are many different levels of Adventure bikes.

I'm thinking the Harley will fall in the first category with dirt roads for the brave.
I feel like 'ADV Cruiser' is the category where Pan-Am Harley and some other bikes fit. Some is based on bike design, some is based on how they are used.

Ill admit, I use my KLR like an ADV Cruiser. Taking easy back and gravel roads is 90% of what we do, trails and passes rarely just to prove its still a KLR. Its value to me as an ADV Cruiser is in its 'beat-up-ability', which my Versys 650 does not posses and this HD is for sure going to be devoid of.

So I agree its going to be a brave man who takes this HD down loads of dirt roads.

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 09:22 AM

Most butt ugly bike I think I've ever seen, and this coming from someone that has owned Vstroms and Moto Guzzis.

Jay™
2016 Versys 1000
2016 Versys 650
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCruizer View Post
Most butt ugly bike I think I've ever seen, and this coming from someone that has owned Vstroms and Moto Guzzis.
Don't even dare put Moto Guzzi in the same category as the Vstrom!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	044 Alamogordo Mual.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	159481   Click image for larger version

Name:	052 Road to Dog Canyon.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	159483  

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode