AIM Expo - Kawasaki Z900RS - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By shibesv81

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
AIM Expo - Kawasaki Z900RS

Recently stumbled upon the AIM Expo in Vegas (after making the long trek all the way back to the exhibit hall) at the Mandalay Bay.
We got there too late to go in to the exhibit hall (3:40pm), but we did check out the demo rides area outside. Wasn't expecting a big motorcycle
show so I didn't have a helmet or gear with me to partake in the test rides fun.
The Kawasaki Demo fleet had a Z900RS available for rides (and 2 Z900). First RS I've seen, it looks pretty nice with the
front cowl and decked out in the factory colors. I did sit on it and imagine myself riding along on it though. Pretty sweet looking bike.
Felt pretty good sitting on it. Would probably buy one if I could let go of $12K. The Kawi fleet was sitting still while the others were all out enjoying themselves. I didn't see any Versys in the fleet however. Kinda strange. There were 9 demos available: Kawi, Honda, Harley, Yamaha, SSR, Indian, Vanderhall and Slingshot. The Slingshot was on a closed off area with a pro driver. Everyone looked like they were having a great time.

Walkaround video from earlier in the year:
Turk and Devilsfan like this.

Ride smart, ride safe. Let the horizon get sideways!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Looks more like CBR Honda models..
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If I were an I-4 guy I would probably have one of those or the rootbeer colored one.

I think they did a decent job blending nostalgia with new tech like the single rear shock and USD forks.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM

Yes, they look good but it seems the Z900 is the better bike for less money. The engine performance curves look like they simply de-tuned the Z engine, loped off the rush at the top but didn't add anything down bottom. The Rodan vs Transformers look of the Z900 doesn't help much. I'm okay with it but the RS has a bit more elegance, if you can have that on a bike.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Saw a root beer Z900 parked at a office building I was working at. Was hoping the owner would show so I could chat him up about it.
The engine is pretty compact for a 900. Looks like lots of fun to ride.
Didn't realize the RS version was tuned differently than the Z900. I'll check the specs more in depth.

Ride smart, ride safe. Let the horizon get sideways!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:57 AM

I love the look of the Z900. I would love to talk to someone that has one. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode