Will She Notice - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

22Likes
  • 4 Post By Turk
  • 2 Post By bwag1961
  • 1 Post By Duffy
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By Turk
  • 1 Post By Turk
  • 2 Post By Turk
  • 4 Post By chucksklrst
  • 2 Post By KnobbyGuy
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By KnobbyGuy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Will She Notice

I sold the Ninja last week, I did get a chance to commemorate the fleet in a few quick photos.

It was sold while my wife was away on a business trip and am curious how long it will take her to notice that the bike is gone. She has three clues.

1. Our credit card was reimbursed for the balance of the insurance payment.

2. Our joint savings account had an inexplicable large deposit.

3. And really the most obvious, the bike isn't there anymore.

It's been two days and no mention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 02:41 PM

Hurry, go out and get another bike...lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Turk and Kyle E like this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:26 PM

I like the color of the Versys............mine is the same color as your Ninja.............
Turk likes this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:59 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
once she notices freak out and tell her its stolen
Turk likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

She knows and she just been herself, "like all ladies" so don't be too surprised..
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:36 AM

Garage
Women aside, what I find amazing is how much larger the Honda looks compared to the Ninja.

My wife acts like she has no clue what is parked in my shop. When she talks about it she mixed up the facts. But ask her anything about horses...
Turk likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
What I find amazing is how much larger the Honda looks compared to the Ninja.
For sure, the VFR is an absolute pig compared to the Ninja. The Ninja feels like a toy to move around the garage after handling the VFR or even the Versys. I sold the Ninja because it's too similar to the Versys and seemed redundant, and I prefer the Versys to the Ninja for my long rides. The Interceptor is just awesome to me even if she is a fatty, not just in looks but that luscious V4 motor.
Devilsfan likes this.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwag1961 View Post
Hurry, go out and get another bike...lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have the room so it's a possibility. I just found it really hard to make time to ride three different bikes. Maybe if the third was completely different. I've never owned a cruiser or a cafe type bike... maybe a scooter???
bwag1961 likes this.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 12:04 PM

When I was a multiple bike owner my wife knew exactly how many bikes were in the garage cause she kept asking me when I was going to get rid of "at least one" of those bikes. When I got rid of "one" then it was "when are you going to get rid of one of those bikes"? She just couldn't see the point of having two different type bikes (she very seldom rides with me).
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 03:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
... maybe a scooter???
We have 6 but I'm trying the sell the Piaggio MP3 250, but we're in Ohio. It really turns heads with the 2 wheels in the front! It's just been too heavy for the wife so she's sticking with the Spyder until we get another scooter that she can handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PiaggioMP3-01.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	158832  

Last edited by KnobbyGuy; 10-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobbyGuy View Post
We have 6 but I'm trying the sell the Piaggio MP3 250, but we're in Ohio. It really turns heads with the 2 wheels in the front! It's just been too heavy for the wife so she's sticking with the Spyder until we get another scooter that she can handle.
I love scooters, my first bike was a Honda Reflex.

Look at that dash on the Reflex, for those unfamiliar with big scoots that large lever on the right of the dash is a parking brake. It's needed because the transmission is a CVT and if you park on the sidestand it could roll off the stand and fall down.

My first action shot riding a bike, thought I was really hustling. The Reflex actually handled really well but it wasn't all that quick but it did have a top speed of 80mph which I never saw because it was so twitchy at high speeds.

The bike did make me really happy. I rode it for 20,000+ miles from new and even did two or three tours on it. Big scooters are great for touring if comfort is your main goal, lot's of weather protection, comfortable seat and ergos and watertight underseat storage. Very nice.

Matter of fact the first time I had a fleet of three bikes, two of them were scooters. To be fair the white KYMCO is my then girlfriend and now wife's bike but I rode it more than she did.

In order from left to right, a 2003 Honda Reflex ABS, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC and a 2007 KYMCO Grand Vista. The Nighthawk was my first motorcycle.

Sorry about all the scoot photos but KnobbyGuy's reply got me getting all nostalgic about my first bike.

Cat's out of the bag, so to speak. On Friday Serena finally realized something was wrong or different. We got in the car that is parked behind the bikes in the garage to go out for dinner and drinks. Did not notice at that time but upon our return later she said, "Hi two bikes" and then there was a pause and then the lightbulb goes on. She asked me when and if I sold the Ninja. I told her it was last week when she was traveling and that it's been missing from the garage for five days since her return.
twowheeladdict and Devilsfan like this.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 09:17 AM

Garage
I have four bikes in the garage along with my Miata. My wife in NOT a motorcycle person. Nor is she convertible person. She refers to my wheels as my "Girl friends". When I go out on a trip or a day ride she always asks "Which Girl friend are you going out with today?" Being retired rigorous.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_3202.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	158945  

Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086,
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)
17 VX300 (Little Gray Bike)
19 V1000LTSE (Flying Nun)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Garage
Fortunately, the wife enjoys riding and convertibles! Here's our family pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	218FamilyPic01.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	158947  
twowheeladdict and Turk like this.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 01:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksklrst View Post
I have four bikes in the garage along with my Miata. My wife in NOT a motorcycle person. Nor is she convertible person. She refers to my wheels as my "Girl friends". When I go out on a trip or a day ride she always asks "Which Girl friend are you going out with today?" Being retired rigorous.
I may own a miata one day. I really like the new RF Recaro package for '19. It will be when I am done riding or am down to one bike.

When I had my Pontiac Solstice, it competed too much with the bikes. Whenever it was perfect weather for driving top down it was perfect weather for two wheels so the car got driven more in inclement weather where a chance of top down existed than on beautiful days.
Turk likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobbyGuy View Post
Fortunately, the wife enjoys riding and convertibles! Here's our family pic.
Look at that fancy photo composition. Nice! What bike is that in the back row, far right.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM

Garage
KTM 390 Duke. Got rid of the Suzuki DRZ400-SM and picked up this. Always liked the smaller displacement bikes. I'm hoping that Kawasaki will put that new 400 engine in a Versys!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KTM390Duke-04.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	158983  
Turk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode