Well I couldn't wait until the Tracer 900 GT arrives... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

27Likes
  • 12 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 9 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By Arion
  • 1 Post By Devilsfan
  • 2 Post By wheels2ride
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I couldn't wait until the Tracer 900 GT arrives...

I ended up going an entirely different direction.

I bought the Carbon Fiber Bell Star helmet a while ago and decided to buy a bike to match it.

It is number 0009 or 1921 made. Why 1921? Because that is the year Motor Guzzi started production and has been producing motorcycles at that same plant ever since.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	156071   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark 02.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	156073  

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:13 PM

Garage
So it looks like if we sent you out for hot chocolate. You'd come back with moonshine....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome looking bike.
twowheeladdict likes this.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:01 PM

the guys who have the shop I go to got the MG dealership last year and are selling the hell out them. They have been pressing me pretty hard. One of my buddies got one and loves it. I was wondering what the heat is like coming off those jugs that are right next to your legs.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 04:33 PM

Oh, I do like that a lot! Had a M-G V50 III some years ago (something like 1981) and loved it. Light, nimble, not too slow and very good looking at the time. Styles change but not the heart of Moto Guzzi - thankfully.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
the guys who have the shop I go to got the MG dealership last year and are selling the hell out them. They have been pressing me pretty hard. One of my buddies got one and loves it. I was wondering what the heat is like coming off those jugs that are right next to your legs.

On the 750s it is not even noticeable when you are moving. I do wear armored jeans though so they offer more heat protection with the Kevlar. I actually felt more heat with my enclosed engine on the Ninja 650.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 PM

Congrats 2WA!!! I don't know much about Moto Guzzi but that looks awesome!!! Wow!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 09:52 AM

Nice Guzzi.
Love the V twin sound.

I am reading on the FJ-09 forum that the new GT has been released and some dealers have them on the showroom floor.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:58 AM

Garage
LOL, first time I've heard of someone buying a bike to match their helmet and it does it nicely !
twowheeladdict and Turk like this.

2017 Versys 300 ABS, the fastest one ... green
5,000 + miles, 90% hard surface riding.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 08:32 AM

Great looking Guzzi!

If anyone is interested in a nice used Guzzi a dealer here in northern WV has a 2016 V7 Stone with just 600 miles I'm sure they're willing to deal on because they've had it since last year.

https://www.morgantownpowersports.co...LWUB09GM200536
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 PM

Nice bike! I have a fondness for Guzzi's and was contemplating the V9 Roamer or Bobber earlier this Spring. Enjoy your new ride, it will look great with your helmet.

Last edited by Turk; 08-07-2018 at 11:24 PM.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
So it looks like if we sent you out for hot chocolate. You'd come back with moonshine....
You say that like it's a bad thing
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Nice Guzzi.
Love the V twin sound.

I am reading on the FJ-09 forum that the new GT has been released and some dealers have them on the showroom floor.
Any GTs you see right now were probably special order bikes.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Nice bike! I have a fondness for Guzzi's and was contemplating the V9 Roamer or Bobber earlier this Spring. Enjoy your new ride, it will look great with your helmet.
Good deals to be had on the V9s.

I was looking to recapture my youth and the V7 is more reminiscent of my '77 Yamaha XS750 with the standard riding position, air cooled, and shaft drive. Of course the XS750 was a triple. Mine was the silver one with every touring option available. I could strip it down for the summer and local rides and add the touring bits for winter and longer rides. The beauty of that frame mounted fairing is that you didn't have to remove the fork mounted headlight to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xs750-2a.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	157271   Click image for larger version

Name:	xs750-3a.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	157273  

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Oh, I know but my attention is elsewhere at the moment. I suspect a Guzzi will wind up in my garage eventually.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing
Sounds GOOD to ME!

Quote:

I was looking to recapture my youth and the V7 is more reminiscent of my '77 Yamaha XS750 with the standard riding position, air cooled, and shaft drive. Of course the XS750 was a triple. Mine was the silver one with every touring option available.....
MINE was a red one w/ just standard features, PLUS a "silhouette-fairing" - basically a windshield w/ some curves.

NICE bike!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:

I was looking to recapture my youth and the V7 is more reminiscent of my '77 Yamaha XS750 with the standard riding position, air cooled, and shaft drive. Of course the XS750 was a triple. Mine was the silver one with every touring option available. I could strip it down for the summer and local rides and add the touring bits for winter and longer rides. The beauty of that frame mounted fairing is that you didn't have to remove the fork mounted headlight to mount it.
Pretty much looks like the grandaddy of the Tracer
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
...The XS750 was an innovative bike of its time....
When I decided to buy mine, the XS750 had just been declared to be the FASTEST 750 available in North America, so I made the deal.

'Bout a week later the Suzuki GS750 came out....

My Versys Travels:

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 08-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode