2017 SV650 addition - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By 407guy
  • 1 Post By Lurch71
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By 407guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

2017 SV650 addition

Picked up a 2017 Suzuki SV650 to add to the stable.

Already threw on a fender eliminator kit and Leo Vince exhaust.

I like the bike. Good alternative for weekend solo "fun".

twowheeladdict likes this.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 01:19 PM

Looks like a fun little bike for a short ride or some canyon carving.
407guy likes this.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 01:26 PM

Garage
like the classic look of the SV. Not a fan of the exhaust though. Love how many bikes like the Kawasaki 650s centralize the exhaust under the bike and only have to little stubby outlet.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Here's the "before" photo:

Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 05:39 PM

SV650..........is that the proper term for the Gladius? If so they are a real hoot to ride.

I wasn't really interested in buying one but the sales lady just kept putting another bike in front of me...........test rode 6 different bikes, one right after the other.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Well, it's based upon the Gladius which was based upon the original SV650.

Relatively a "new" bike now with the name change back to SV650 for 2017 model year.

From Cycle World:

"Suzuki’s middleweight-twins platform has borne some rather uninspiring models since the move from SV650 to Gladius to SFV650. With its 2017 SV650, Suzuki promises a return to the platform’s roots. An updated V-twin engine has no fewer than 60 new parts for more power, while a reworked steel frame contributes to a claimed 15-pound (!) weight savings over the outgoing SFV. Add in a fuel tank that’s 2.5 inches narrower than the SFV’s tank, optional ABS (omitted on our test model), Suzuki’s one-push easy-start system, and low-rpm assist feature, and you have a bike that, from a spec-sheet perspective, finally does the SV name proud."

https://www.cycleworld.com/kawasaki-...on-test#page-4

Last edited by 407guy; 11-19-2017 at 06:53 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 06:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407guy View Post
Here's the "before" photo:

The new pipe is definitely an improvement.

I much preferred the FZ-07 when I was looking for a light bike, but then Suzuki was only offering the gladius. I just prefer the tucked in exhaust pipes unless there are one on each side of the bike.

I do like the classic headlight on the reimagined SV650. I might see if the headlight assembly form the new retro 700 would easily move over to the FZ.
407guy likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I do like the classic headlight on the reimagined SV650. I might see if the headlight assembly form the new retro 700 would easily move over to the FZ.
This was a big factor for me and getting the SV650.

I sat on the Z650 and that bike really "fit" me but I'm not into the "transformer" look.

Also on the list was the FZ07 but again, it seemed a bit too transformer for me.

The classic look of the new SV650 and V-twin engine were the biggest factors for me.

twowheeladdict likes this.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 04:21 PM

Nice machine. I like the blue wheels and the dual exhaust. Wonder if you could convert them into aft-firing rocket launchers. That would sure catch tailgaters off guard - and would wouldn't have to ride through the rubble either. That's always a concern with forward-firing stuff.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 08:15 AM

I slightly preferred the Suzuki 650 motor/transmission of the 2017 650 V-Strom I rode over 650 Versys. Road/shifted smoooooth.. Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode