1973 Kawasaki S2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1973 Kawasaki S2

Any 2-stroke folks out there with interest?
http://www.kawi2strokes.com/forum/vi...hp?f=27&t=3955
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Sweet........

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 01:48 AM

I love 70's two strokes. I've been on the lookout for a mid 70's Suzuki TS trailie (preferably a 250), but they're either minters or mingers. I'd also like another RD400 to re-live some of my youth, but I'd really really like to own a Kwacker H2 or Suzuki GT750. There's nothing like leaving everyone behind in a blue haze of fog.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 AM

I'll see your six and raise you 48.............

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:48 PM

Pretty cool, but Like he said, it sounded like only one x2 and I only saw smoke coming out of three pipes. clutch might be slipping too.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 AM

My very first street bike was a Kawa S2 350 2 Stroke Triple. The rotor for the points went bad so I couldnt keep it running and the shop said they could not get one except from Japan. Well...I was too young to know better. I do wish I had that bike back. I remember the lack of low end power and very quick throttle response...enough to make me say S**T as it popped an unexpected wheelie while trying to keep it in the powerband.

2009 Kw Versys: Green!

Barkbusters, Chrome helmet locks, GPS mount, Pyramid Fender Extender, LED accessory lights,
JT 42T rear sprocket, Givi V35 PLX sidecases, Coocase V36 Topcase, SW-Motech mirror wideners, Superbike GX mirrors, MRA VarioTouringScreen, ROX Anti-vibe Risers, T-Rex sliders, SW Motech engine guards, Motowerks Lowering Link
DNLP D616 120/70ZR17 front
DNLP D616 180/55ZR17 rear

The rest is
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-k View Post
Any 2-stroke folks out there with interest?
http://www.kawi2strokes.com/forum/vi...hp?f=27&t=3955
Oh yes! Can't say it was a Kawasaki, but I did own, and love, a 1972 Suzuki T-500J. Bought it new in England (Bury St. Edmunds to be exact), rode it around England for six months and then shipped it back to Texas.

Rode it from San Antonio to Grand Forks, North Dakota, but it didn't like the sub-zero weather (neither did I), so I eventually rode it back to San Antonio because it liked the weather better. While I was in Turkey my father sold it.

The amazing part of it all was no matter what I did, it just kept running and running. At the time it was known as the blue denim motorcycle. Like a pair of Levi's, it never wore out. I kick myself for not keeping it and I'm now looking for another one.

Oh yes, also had a close relationship with a 248cc Suzuki TD1-C seven port and a 348 Kawasaki twin race bike but they stayed in England with the team. They weren't easy to ride (pitifully narrow power band) but they were great fun - when they ran.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Oh yes! Can't say it was a Kawasaki, but I did own, and love, a 1972 Suzuki T-500J. Bought it new in England (Bury St. Edmunds to be exact), rode it around England for six months and then shipped it back to Texas.

Drooled over this one at the 2008 2-stroke meet at the Gap, courtesy of Dr. James

[
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-k View Post

Drooled over this one at the 2008 2-stroke meet at the Gap, courtesy of Dr. James

[
Wow! I'd consider selling my wife for that particular T-500.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode