BMW Launches New F700GS and Updated F800GS - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
BMW Launches New F700GS and Updated F800GS

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...nd-f800gs.html

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Interesting but I have to wonder why?

I think they have a nicely spaced product line at 650, 800 and 1200cc. I just don't get why adding in a slightly bigger machine than the 650. Were people asking for a 700? Is there a benefit of the 700 over the 650 or 700 over the 800?

Wonder if they are planning on dropping their 650's?

"Why do I ride?"

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 AM

it looks like their 700 is the answer to the versys, vstrom, tiger (not xc), multistrada, Honda 700vx...... all bikes that "can" go offroad but are more comfortable on it, and are super easy to ride.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Having more than one model reflects different rider expectations. The 700 is less off-road capable, less expensive, and shorter. Better for newbies and people who don't plan to leave roads. The 800 is a serious on/off road machine with better components, it's taller and costs more.

The 650 and 700 and 800 models each have an 800cc motor (confusing nomenclature, to be sure) but with more power in the 800 models.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Having more than one model reflects different rider expectations. The 700 is less off-road capable, less expensive, and shorter. Better for newbies and people who don't plan to leave roads. The 800 is a serious on/off road machine with better components, it's taller and costs more.

The 650 and 700 and 800 models each have an 800cc motor (confusing nomenclature, to be sure) but with more power in the 800 models.
Don't forget that BMW also has a G650 which is a SINGLE cylinder 650cc bike. As you said The F650\F700 use the parallel twin 800cc engine. Kinda goofy....

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM

It replaces the F650GS which was actually a 800cc twin.
Nice looking bike.

I just picked up a new Tiger 800XC last Saturday.
My versys is for sale.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM

I got to test one a few months ago. Was a nice ride. Congrats on the new ride.

"Why do I ride?"

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:37 AM

Nice looking bikes. I'd trade my Versys in for one in a heartbeat, if only cost weren't an issue.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Nice looking bikes. I'd trade my Versys in for one in a heartbeat, if only cost weren't an issue.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
I'm still making payments on my Versys. The new Tiger was about another $100 a month, so I figured as long as I'm making payments I may as well ride what I want. It way surpasses my expectations. Butter smooth is the best way I can describe it, motor, shifting, suspension. The XC will do the dirt roads too, so that was a bonus for me.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode