The V has a new stable mate - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The V has a new stable mate

Well the snow finally melted enough in the ally to get out for my first ride of the year . So i decided to take out the the new Norge to start out the season . Only did a few km but me likey Dont worry the v isnt going anywhere....its just to dammed much fun

[IMG][/IMG]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 09:29 AM

Very nice!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
looks great, always good to have a stable mate for the V.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 AM

Awesome high-prairie express!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Absolutely beautiful maching in my opinion!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:08 AM

A friend of mine had a Norge. Italians design some real eye candy. Enjoy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Looks great! Aww your V had a friend
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Theres a guy in our group out here that has a Norge and he loves it. Really great looking bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 02:21 PM

What year is your Norge? I ask because the first year or two it was something of an ordeal to check the oil because the dipstick was hidden under tupperware. There's a certain order for removing the panels and unfortunately the panel obscuring the dipstick was several panels down from the first, starting on the opposite site of the bike. My friend said he learned the R&R process and could do it in about 20 minutes, but eventually he just cut a hole (neatly) in the panel. His Guzzi factory top case also refused to stay attached...two of them flew off at speed and they do not bounce well. Not to rain on your parade, just sharing some "character" that seems to come with the marque. My friend traded his Norge in on a Moto Guzzi Stelvio, with the 8 valve motor. That Goose V-twin sure makes a beautiful noise, doesn't it?

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
What year is your Norge? I ask because the first year or two it was something of an ordeal to check the oil because the dipstick was hidden under tupperware. There's a certain order for removing the panels and unfortunately the panel obscuring the dipstick was several panels down from the first, starting on the opposite site of the bike. My friend said he learned the R&R process and could do it in about 20 minutes, but eventually he just cut a hole (neatly) in the panel. His Guzzi factory top case also refused to stay attached...two of them flew off at speed and they do not bounce well. Not to rain on your parade, just sharing some "character" that seems to come with the marque. My friend traded his Norge in on a Moto Guzzi Stelvio, with the 8 valve motor. That Goose V-twin sure makes a beautiful noise, doesn't it?
Mine is a 09 and they have a hole cut out on the panel from the factory to get to the dipstick , a little fiddle faddle but not bad . I know they had issues with the top case mounts and i heard of a couple doing flying leaps going down the road . This is my third guzzi and the second in the stable , so a two guzzis and the V .
Maybe i should share the other mate too ... 01 california Jackal

[IMG][/IMG]

and the 2000 v 11 sport that was sold in the summer of 2011

[IMG][/IMG]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode