Paul Teutul Jr, Paul Teutul Sr and Jesse James Build-Off - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Paul Teutul Jr, Paul Teutul Sr and Jesse James Build-Off

The Corporate sponsored bikes they build always appear impractical and contain props and fluff.
For that reason this weeks special is more interesting.
Paul Teutul Sr & Jr, teams again built impractical show machines.
Teutul Sr's team built an electric powered, track drive, trike that cannot be driven on the road.
In contrast to Jesse James team built custom bike that could be riden as much as a rider wished.

I'll be iterested to see what the viewers vote as the best build.

The regular series is not a must watch show for me. Personally I am only a moderate "fan".
It's mostly about the people and secondarily about the bikes.

VOTE:

Jesse James,

Paul Teutul Jr,

Paul Teutul Sr

Anybody Watch this weeks competition?

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 12-06-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Just me, but I WILL change the channel if either Teutul comes onto the screen.

Jesse James, on the other hand . One of the best "car guy" shows I have EVER seen was his show where he got a bunch of the original custom car guys in (really OLD guys...) and gave then a '53 Chev two door. They chopped it, sectioned it and I believe, channeled it. It was incredible to watch, and Jesse said that he was in AWE of these craftsmen!
No fighting, yelling or throwing tantrums. Just journeymen doing their art.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Rik

Done to death...exhumed and done to death again....just my opinion

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:57 AM

If it wasn't a soap opera ended by hastily throwing together a cookie cutter chopper bike with two or three custom CNC machined parts, I might watch it.

IBA # 49372
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 AM

A few shows back, Senior floated the idea of an OC-themed restaurant chain, sort of the Hard Rock Cafe of OC. I thought that was pretty funny, but these guys have done pretty well for themselves so far in their fifteen minutes of fame, near-foreclosure of the OCC building notwithstanding. They've milked the show to live beyond their means, forged lots of marketing deals, grabbed free equipment and experiences (military flights, etc), and get treated like rockstars at big events. That's what they like, and they're enjoying the ride.

Someday is not a day of the week.

Last edited by Tigerpawed; 12-06-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: verb tense
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
If it wasn't a soap opera ended by hastily throwing together a cookie cutter chopper bike with two or three custom CNC machined parts, I might watch it.
They should combine it with the Real Housewives of Orange County to increase it's entertainment value. To these guys a custom chopper is browsing the aftermarket parts catalogs, a few cosmetic tweaks and a custom paint job and presto - a completely unrideable motorcycle (can't lean more than 10 degrees, no front brake, limited front suspension and no rear suspension) that looks over the top comical.

If I had the money for what one of these cost I would buy a Ducati Multistrada or BMW GS and save the rest.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 PM

I did watch the previews . . .I liked Jesse James saying you could actually ride his bike, which is true. Jr's bike is a show queen, and senior didn't even build a bike. Either way, anyway, an OCC bike would probably make it ten miles down the road before all the bondo started to fall off.

IBA # 49372
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM

Their projects aren’t motorcycles, they’re `rolling art’. Taken as the latter I find them pretty impressive. As the former, I think they’re ridiculous.

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Jesse James is 100 times the fabricator that either Teutle is...

OCC are bike assemblers....yes they bought some CnC equipment and designed some of their own parts but JJ does it with his hands.....\

No contest....

that track trike is ridiculous....whats the point???
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
I'll be iterested to see what the viewers vote as the best build.
Answer is linked here.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Rik

I don't like hard tail bikes but the Jesse James bike is somewhat functional. The Junior bike looks like something out of a Jules Verne book. Seniors contraption is ummm...wow I dunno. This whole deal is more about persona than bike building. Good on Junior for prevailing....and his wife sure is easy on the eyes....but If I had to "ride one to Sturgis and back" I'd have to opt for the Jesse James machine....as long as my chiropractor was following closely behind in a motorhome
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 01:05 PM

I watch the show because it is entertaining, but I always end up angry with the "bikes" they "build". It was hilarious how Jesse attacked them for being hacks, and he didn't let up even face to face. The sad fact is that most people that watch probably never have or will ride, and therefore voted on an art project not a bike.

Jesse's was the only bike on the show. Hopefully he will have his own show again. That would probably be more worth watching than American Chopper (though I still don't know if I would call it good tv). I did love Monster Garage though.

Be nice if you could see the actual totals for the voting, or maybe you can, and I'm just not looking in the right place.

Last edited by camaroz1985; 12-07-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode