Test ride 07 Multistrada 1100S - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Test ride 07 Multistrada 1100S

I had a test ride on a 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100S a few days ago, I ve always lusted after these bikes, but new ones are far too expensive. Now that a few years have passed, used ones are starting to pop up around here, at decent prices.
I know that I am comparing apples and oranges here, but whatever.
Compared to the Versys, I noticed right away how stiff the bike is, the V is soft and plush.
While the suspension was flawless, I came away surprised at how good the V actually is in comparison. You feel more planted in corners on the Duc for sure, but the V is no slouch either. There was minimal front end dive on the Duc, something that I need to address on the V someday.
The Duc feels heavier, not as light footed as the V, and sure enough the specs say it is over 500 lbs, vs about 450 for the V. While this might be nice on the highway, zipping through town I’d prefer the V.
There is more pressure on the wrists, the bars being lower, again not as comfortable as the V. The power was decent, not neck snapping, which is a good thing, but not as powerfull as I had thought they were. I have owned a VTR 1000, and the Duc reminded me of that bike, but with more friendly ergos.( In my opinion the V makes better power than the Multi 620, a bike that I probably should be comparing to...)
The front end felt secure and planted on the Duc, proably somewhat due to more of my weight on my wrists. Seems Ducati wants more of your weight on that front end, and this is a good thing.The V is more relaxed , and the front end can feel a bit flighty at times. But I usually deal with that by applying a bit of brake before corners, or back off the power to use engine braking to settle the front end.
So all in all, a good ride, I still like the Duc, perhaps even more now, but my lust for one has been replaced with greater admiration of my Vee.

Cheers!

2008 Red Versys

Last edited by db60; 08-25-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Μy moded versys(70 hp rear wheel) outperform multi 1100s(76hp rear wheel), i can garandie for that
As for the curvy roads, nothing different, if you tweek versys's suspension they have the same result, which is very good bikes for b-roads

There is only one different, multi 1100s will cost you MUCH MUCH more than versys, not only by purchase but by usage too

And there is no excuse for the low performance, dont forget that it is 1100cc

Off course i dont mention that versys will never break, instead of multi, but oh....i forget, they are not break, they have........personality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode