new wee - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
new wee

Suzuki has finally defuglified the Strom. nice looking machine.
link.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:21 AM

It's hit a few branches of the ugly tree on the way down.

http://www.motoblog.it/post/30249/su...0-v-strom-2012

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Looks to me like minor revisions to a bike that was getting dated but was still competitive in its class. It looks better than before and in my view better than BMW's asymmetrical dual sports (those get the full ugly treatment with whacks of the ugly stick, drops from the ugly tree and pushes down the ugly staircase). I'm surprised Suzuki made the fuel tank smaller. Wonder if huge aftermarket for the Wee has to start over or if buyers of the new bike can just start bolting onto an updated model. The three way adjustable windshield looks like a well designed piece. White and orange both look pretty good in pictures.

The Suzuki website has a teaser that reads "Middle Class Motorcycle" that does not appear to be a VStrom. Anyone know what that is?

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 05:50 PM

Personally, I like what they have done with the new ‘Strom. The design refinements that were made, while subtle, make it much more visually appealing. In fact, IMHO it has some of the characteristics that make the Versys appealing to me. That being said, the specs of the new bike have not changed so much that I would want to run out and trade my V in on a new Wee.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:22 PM

A good bike with small refinements can't be bad, but, seriously, that black and white version looks like a cop bike!

The two-tone versions do look better, but, among other things, I just can't get in line with that big bazooka can sticking out the back as far as styling goes. That thing is HUGE!

"The upswept muffler, topped with a silver cover and a buffed-finish end cap is gracing the rear end."
"Gracing," is that what you call it?

"# Instruments with an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock.
# Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
# LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions."
I wish my V could do that.

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.

Last edited by RockyMoto; 06-25-2011 at 09:30 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The bike is in dire need of lower fairings. It looks like half an upright sport bike.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
The bike is in dire need of lower fairings. It looks like half an upright sport bike.
If you look at the photo of the people riding two up there appears to be a small lower fairing. Accessory along with the crash bars?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

here's a writeup on what's new with the DL. i like it. were i in the market for a new bike of this ilk, the wee might be running ahead of the versys.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>

Last edited by kevrider; 07-02-2011 at 07:12 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 04:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
The Suzuki website has a teaser that reads "Middle Class Motorcycle" that does not appear to be a VStrom. Anyone know what that is?
The new 2012 V-Strom 650 is displayed in the "NEW MIDDLE-CLASS!" add:

http://moto.suzuki.ca/?province=ON&sc_lang=en-CA

http://moto.suzuki.ca/Product%20Line...gory=dualsport

"For 2012, Suzuki is introducing the new and improved V-Strom 650 ABS. The development concept for the 2012 model was "The Comfortable Adventure Tourer". While enhancing the proven running performance and in-town versatility of the current model, Suzuki improved the riding comfort even further on the 2012 V-Strom. Its new V-Twin 645cc engine features improved overall performance in the low-to-mid rpm range and the styling and bodywork design was revamped for better wind protection. In addition, fuel economy and environmental performance were also enhanced."

Appearance is improved and the seat looks comfortable, but its overall performance is certainly still below that of the lighter, more powerful and better suspended Versys.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Rik

Just me or does this new strom have some "versys like" lines to it?? Especially the lines up top fore and aft?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 02:41 PM

My Next Bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just me or does this new strom have some "versys like" lines to it?? Especially the lines up top fore and aft?
Yeah,after riding 12,000 miles on my 2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650...I thought I had found the perfect motorcycle...then moved on to my 2009 Versys...well 16,000 miles later...it seems to have been the perfect bike for what I want it to do...shorter wheelbase than the V-Strom and more compact design...However,this newish version looks like a fun bike to own ,once again... you know, maybe old loves can make good friends again...Hmmm...maybe not...The V Twin motor in this Suzuki is really smooth by the way

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 AM

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 PM
njd

I actually like the looks on the current Strom, and I'm not crazy about this one. It does look a lot lighter though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode