Thinking about getting a ZRX 1100 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thinking about getting a ZRX 1100

I've been itching to get another bike, something used cheap and fun.

I found a ZRX 1100 on craigslist in my area and it has peaked my interest.

Has anyone owned one and what kind of experience did they have with it?

They are asking $2800 but I bet I could get it down to $2500 does it seem like a good deal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM

For some reason the 1100's cost the same as the 1200's. I owned a 1200. It is much improved over the 1100. Remember when we rode with Glowcat last year? I told you that I bought a KZ1000P police bike. I always wanted one and stumbled across it while I searched Craigslist for a ANOTHER ZRX1200. That is how much I miss that bike. If money is an issue thats one thing but let me say this...after owning this bike, you may never want any other bike, ever. It's that good! I still look. I've seen some fine low mile 1200's going for cheap on the ZRXOA. I'll PM you my home phone # and I'll give you any help I can. I actually know somebody selling one. The ZRX1200R is my pick for THE BEST MOTORCYCLE EVER MADE! Mark

Last edited by blipco; 03-07-2011 at 11:23 AM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:02 AM

PM sent.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 AM

The ZRX is, in my opinion, an excellent motorcycle. Fast, smooth. Lots of fun. Great machine. Cheap horsepower.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 01:38 PM

Sounds like an awesome standard. Here is an article I found:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/157/40...i-ZRX1200.aspx
That craigslist post has closed, did you buy it??

My Album:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

blipco:

Funny that you mention your KZ1000P, I found one on craigslist as well. Looks like a cool bike but I'm a bit leery of the condition of this one since there are no pictures and it's a 91. I'll give you a call later tonight to pick your brain.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM

Owned one, get it! Great at everything, comfortable, powerful, good handling, classic good looks, easy to maintain, blah, blah, blah.

I don't know what about the 1200 was better besides the obvious, power & swingarm. Other than that they are identical.

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM

There are two or three of them available on Austin Craigslist right now.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlmjmjm View Post
Owned one, get it! Great at everything, comfortable, powerful, good handling, classic good looks, easy to maintain, blah, blah, blah.

I don't know what about the 1200 was better besides the obvious, power & swingarm. Other than that they are identical.
The 1100 is a great bike don't get me wrong, but between the two, the 1200 would be the better choice. The 1200 had a sturdier swing arm but it was also mounted lower on the frame for more stability during acceleration. The frame received additional gusseting. The cylinders went from cast iron on the 1100 to Nikasil on the 1200. Rear tire on the 1200 went up to a 180. Power and torque is up 10%. Bronze engine highlights. The '02 green is the best. Plus, huge under seat storage (on both). I could go on but if I keep this up I'll wind up with another bike.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
blipco:

Funny that you mention your KZ1000P, I found one on craigslist as well. Looks like a cool bike but I'm a bit leery of the condition of this one since there are no pictures and it's a 91. I'll give you a call later tonight to pick your brain.
The KZP is worlds away from both the Versys and the ZRX. It is an inline four cruiser with a bit of a past. You're way too young for one (and so am I) (it has floor boards and a heel/toe shifter for Petes sake) but I've never been on a bike that gets more attention. Even cops check it out and Harley guys try to race you. Oh, and should you get one, get used to the cager or sport bike rider alike that you're following to slowly slow down to well below the speed limit til you have to blow by them in a "no passing" zone. (I do that anyway).
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Good luck on your decision Tim, if you do this will you keep the versys and give it a stablemate? or will the versys be replaced by zrx?

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Believe it or not I've had the urge to get a second bike ever since I sold the Buell Blast that I bought for my girlfriend to learn on. I ended up riding it more than she did, and now I miss being able to hop on something not the Versys for a different experience. Riding my girlfriend's er6-n is out of the question, since she won't let me and I'm way to big for it. The ergos on the blast fit me better than her er6-n.

To own a police bike like the KZP would be novel and fun at first but I think I would quickly tire of it. A ZRX on the other hand just seems right to me. I love the simple & classic UJM styling and I wouldn't mind the extra power compared to the Versys. Other naked liter bikes just don't do it for me especially newer ones like a Z1000.

Have no fear John I'm looking for a stable mate. I have no plans to replace my Versys with a ZRX. There is a '09 ABS Connie at my local Kawa dealer with 1,000 miles with a price tag of $11,000 that I've thought about trading in my V for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode