Scooters From Puerto Rico - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Scooters From Puerto Rico

Also a video of whats popular for racing here. The last 2 videos is from a car show here in Ponce

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-23-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I love it. Lots of fun to be had with those things at a relatively low cost. My fave are the Hayabusa conversions. Thanks.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
I love it. Lots of fun to be had with those things at a relatively low cost. My fave are the Hayabusa conversions. Thanks.
They race the crap out of them here....Glad ya liked it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
posted the cleanest car show videos...... my left hand kept reaching for a drink and my right was searching for my wallet...... ah the good ole days..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 06:50 AM

No other scooter aficionados here? Sad.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I should have named the thread Scooters and Hooters from Puerto Rico.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I should have named the thread Scooters and Hooters from Puerto Rico.
Yeah, that would have grabbed some attention. Truth be told, I own a scooter as well, not my first either, and I have fun on it too. My latest is a Majesty 400. It'll go over 100 MPH. I need grippier tires though, it pushes in the corners no matter how much weight I try to get over the front. I'll take all comers, Harleys, forget it. Sport bikes, lets put it this way, Ive gained some respect LOL.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If i stay here much longer i probably pick one up for zipping around town and we're only a couple of minutes from the ocean.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Remember, once you pick one up, they're hard to put down. One day soon I'll have to make it to Puerto Rico.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
count me in as a scooterite

ya baby

I'd race them busa's down there you betcha

Honda PCX-my new commuter vehicle

I've even started the farkling process,,,

It goes about 60mph top speed
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM

et tu Siyeh? Yeah Baby you know what I'm talking about. People travel all over on those Ruckus 50"s. Thousands of miles at a whack.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Not at all.

Blur ss220i owner here...
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
count me in as a scooterite

ya baby

I'd race them busa's down there you betcha

Honda PCX-my new commuter vehicle

I've even started the farkling process,,,

It goes about 60mph top speed

The seat looks more comfortable than the one on the versys.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The seat looks more comfortable than the one on the versys.
Well it may be. How the hell would I know? I've only put 22 miles on it.

Still snowing up here and spose to be 14 degrees tonight. One of these days spring will arrive and then it's balls to the wall til Thanksgiving.

I am thinking about removing that bumper thing on the PCX seat. It serves no purpose for me. And maybe take the seat to the local seat guy who does all our work trucks. Might go brown leather.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Well it may be. How the hell would I know? I've only put 22 miles on it.

Still snowing up here and spose to be 14 degrees tonight. One of these days spring will arrive and then it's balls to the wall til Thanksgiving.

I am thinking about removing that bumper thing on the PCX seat. It serves no purpose for me. And maybe take the seat to the local seat guy who does all our work trucks. Might go brown leather.
Siyeh, I just read a review on the PCX in a UK only magazine. They are claiming up to 130 MPG. Is that true? Has an "idle stop" feature and a built in radiator (whatever that is). 14 inch wheels, nice. Is that a Japan made Honda or have they farmed it out?
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM

I am hopeful the PCX will get 100 mpg. If it does, I will be happy. It has a 1.6 gal tank.

The USA did not get the idle stop feature. Why I don't know. For my riding (mostly rural) it would not be needed.

The radiator is tiny and tucked under some side plastic. But they put louvers? on the plastic to help with air flow.

We also did not get the EURO built-in blinkers. Our govt would not allow it. So they added them on stalks and they really do look like an afterthought,,,,

The PCX is built in only one factory. By Honda Thailand.

Is has very nice brakes and they are "linked" but the damn thing only weighs 280#. Hard stops are very confidant.

Last edited by siyeh; 03-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Siyeh, I have a review of the PCX in a Brit mag. If you want it just PM your address, I'll cut it out and be happy to send it to ya.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 PM

That's a great read blipco. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction,,,

http://www.twistngo.com/news/paving-the-way
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 PM

That was quick, the magazine article has more pictures plus the technical specs. It is a very serious scooter mag. They have an article about the Gilera GP800 scooter. It's 839cc and goes 135 MPH. Costs less than a T-Max.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 PM

There is an old guy I know in town who was a friend of my Dad's. He has a 2006 Honda SilverWing. He claims his grandson "hopped the motor up". He also claims it does 95 mph on the interstate highways. "gotta keep ahead of the semi's"

I just love hearing **** like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode