Honda Fury - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Honda Fury

My brothers getting one of these. I like it but its sits way to low for me.Price isn't bad. I prefer the 2010 colors.

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/fury/colors.aspx

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If only it was a foot longer and a foot taller....

Vulcan 1700 Classic

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazjemo View Post
If only it was a foot longer and a foot taller....
Yep taller would be nice. It is a great looking bike though. i was with him oct. looking at them guess he's finally going to pull the trigger and give his 750 cruiser to his wife.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Very simple clean lines.
Love how the engine castings are also ..simplified. I hate chrome with a passion but here it's perfect.
Being virtually devoid of any badges really ties it all together.
Make mine Blue please. NO! Flat black. Yea...NO! Blue....yea blue.
Bold...Boldly conservative.
Hmmmm...guess this first-timer is starting to appreciate our 'cruiser brethren' taste in bikes.
Still and all, not my cup of tea in the long run but would be a hoot for a day or two.
Nicely done "Big Red"

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

Last edited by stagehand38; 01-08-2011 at 10:06 PM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A big plus is its shaft drive and hondas reliability

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Weird bike... Just for 'show' I guess.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
A big plus is its shaft drive and hondas reliability
You know that shaft drive bikes can't wheelie, right?*

*if you get this joke, I will tip my hat to you and sacrifice my long-held DoD number.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
i did sit on one at the dealers and was wondering how long can a person sit/ride on that without getting back pain.

Maybe suits a tall person. I am shorty at 5'9" but whatever said its a nice bike and looks streamlined.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 05:45 AM

Guess you won't be riding together much because it'll be useless on twisty roads. It does look good parked though ...
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yep good looking bike. but i would never own one or want to borrow his just can't take the riding position.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
My brothers getting one of these.
He is not from Ohio is he? I was at my local Honda shop in Virginia yesterday and a guy arrived from Ohio to pick up a used one in mint condition.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Honda Fury

My Brother in Law and one of my best friends both bought Honda Furys. One of them sits in my garage full time between rides. That means I get to ride it alot. I like my Versys, but that Honda Fury is awesome to ride as well. My wife has an ER6N, but also likes that Fury enough that the ER6N may get traded in before it is over. I will be keeping my Versys however.

Also, I swapped my silver belly plastic for her black belly pan. Both the ER6N and the Versys look better now. I think there is thread about that. The black belly pan goes great with the Green Versys, and the Versys silver plastic goes well with the blue ER6n.

For me, the best riding would be swtiching between the Versys and the Fury at will. They are both awesome bikes.

Victrix
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 PM

I'll pass.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 PM

Fury doesn't do it for me, but i'm not gonna hate. i demo'd a Victory Vegas and was surprised at how much i liked it. i could never find those forward footpegs when moving off from a stop. but once underway, that huge wave of torque is addicitive. handing was decent too (regular Vegas, no ridiculous car tire out back). don't knock it 'til ya try it.

i could see a cruiser in the lineup one day, as a 3rd or 4th bike. though i'd rather have a W800.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:44 PM

too bad performance wise its a total piece of poop. handle crap speed is crap whole thing is crap. but it does look nice as a lawn ornamant.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
I'll pass.
The W800.......Now that would be sweet as a second bike.
HEY !!!...if a letter writing campaign helped to convince Kawasaki to bring in the Versys; maybe we can use the same technique with the W800????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kawasaki-w800.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	9829   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-Kawasaki-W800.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	9830  

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
HEY !!!...if a letter writing campaign helped to convince Kawasaki to bring in the Versys; maybe we can use the same technique with the W800????

I'm sorry but to me that bike looks like a Turd On Wheels That bike must be an "Old Man Thing"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 01-10-2011 at 06:47 AM.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
Where do I sign?
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry but to me that bike looks like a Turd On Wheels That bike must be an "Old Man Thing"
define "old." i was 30 when i first rode a W650 and fell in lust. again, don't knock it 'til ya ride it. there's something about riding a bike that doesn't demand that you hit apex as fast as you can, every time. i am a sport rider and love the deep lean angle, but it wold be nice to throttle back and enjoy the scenery once in a while. i can't do that on most bikes.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Sometimes...keeping it simple has it's own rewards.
which is why I continue to lust after a Royal-Enfield
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	royal-enfield-bullet-classic-c5-01.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	9831   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet-classic-green.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	9832   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet-classic-500-efi.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	9833  

Last edited by stagehand38; 01-10-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode