A new Ninja 1000 review-Motorcyclist - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A new Ninja 1000 review-Motorcyclist

Looks like a winner:
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...fications.html
"In some perfect world-a few miles north at Infineon Raceway, for instance-that new ZX-10R would have been the better way to go. But at the end of a day in the real world we ride through every day, it doesn't get much better than the Ninja 1000." 4 out of 5 stars.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Was passing by the dealers yesterday and the bike was in the showroom. The word is Ninja 1000 has got some problem but its on sale here.

Nice bike and sure pack some power in it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
The word is Ninja 1000 has got some problem but its on sale here.
i think that's the ZX10. good job naming your bikes, Kawasaki.

my versys cowling buzz is re-emerging, making me wonder what i would need to fix on this not-a-zx-ninja. i wish K build quality were better.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 PM

Just read a good article on the shootout between the R-1, Bandit 1250 and the Ninja 1000 and the author just relates the power of Kawasaki's engine as astounding.

"What the Ninja has on its Yamaha competitor is motor — gobs and gobs of mid-range motor. An impromptu six-gear roll-on with Editor Duke on the Kawasaki left me on the Yamaha counting seconds while the FZ1’s inline four-cylinder spun up revs. Once in the meat of the R1-derived engine’s powerband the forward surge was invigorating, but by this time Duke was on an off-ramp down the freeway. By itself the FZ1 is plenty fast, but when up against the new Ninja the Yamaha feels downright anemic until spun up."

If this does not get you amped then I don't know what will. In another instance here is the you tube video of the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 doing 300km/h in seconds on what looks like the autobahn in Germany. The bike demonstrates it smoothness of power.

The reviews really tout the performance of the engine which could be juxtaposed against the shaking at 8500 rpm, as I have read elsewhere, this video does not have the shaking unless he rode right through it.

If I were to acquire the bike, what kind of tires will I have to get that would have the adequate speed rating for the performance? I am not going to run the bike at 186 mph(300km/h) but I can respectfully see speeds in the triple digits when the road straightens out.

J B Nimble

’08 Kawasaki Versys 650 (22,400 mi.)

Givi Windscreen
EZ Pass Holder(bar mounted)
6 panel fuse box(Twisted throttle)
Ground wiring block(Twisted Throttle)
Motowerks GPS Bracket
GPS City Tom Tom bracket
12V accessory plug
TomTom 720 Go
Hepco & Becker engine guard
Hella FF50 Driving lights
Bags Connection "Shorty" tankbag
Bags Connection "Cargobag"
Givi 52L trunk box & rack
Saddlemen Gel Seat
Ermax Hugger Fender

’06 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold 13, 679 mi.)

Last edited by J B Nimble; 05-07-2011 at 11:29 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I am amped but my good wife looking over my should says you don't need to go that fast, she gone now so what does she know, I am still amped!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 08:32 AM

Thats an ancient video. It's not the new 1000 Ninja. Plus the new one is a pig on gas.

Last edited by blipco; 05-08-2011 at 08:40 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Thats an ancient video. It's not the new 1000 Ninja. Plus the new one is a pig on gas.
You know you might be correct, after not being able to find a picture of the instrument cluster from Kawasaki Motors Europe(Z1000SX, City & Tourer), differences seem to range from top case & side panniers, I did find a pic of the instrument cluster of a 2011 Ninja 1000, looks like the Versys instrument cluster.

You are correct that video is not of a 2011 Ninja 1000. In looking for instrument clusters on the web I could not find a pic of one that looks like this. From the absence of digital gauges it is on my mind as to the time era of this bike, make and model.

Edit: Found it on youtube and this time I believe the video, it is a Honda "Super Blackbird" CBR1100 and the video was done on the autobahn, sorry Kawasaki for the mixup.

It looks like Kawasaki is headed in the right direction as the stable of bikes just keep getting more refined and more refined. My mistake for not investigating the video but I believe this is a Honda going 186 mph on the autobahn.

The "Super Blackbird" was an 1137cc sports tourer and Kawasaki's entry into a new dimension of engines with the 1043cc Ninja 1000 really has turned some heads. Kawasaki is not syaing the top speed on the bike but the speed is limited/governed, the video sure is a teaser of what going 186mph looks like. I don't know if I would want to go that fast and I am sure a 1,043cc Ninja 1000 could go as fast as you wanted it to.

J B Nimble

’08 Kawasaki Versys 650 (22,400 mi.)

Givi Windscreen
EZ Pass Holder(bar mounted)
6 panel fuse box(Twisted throttle)
Ground wiring block(Twisted Throttle)
Motowerks GPS Bracket
GPS City Tom Tom bracket
12V accessory plug
TomTom 720 Go
Hepco & Becker engine guard
Hella FF50 Driving lights
Bags Connection "Shorty" tankbag
Bags Connection "Cargobag"
Givi 52L trunk box & rack
Saddlemen Gel Seat
Ermax Hugger Fender

’06 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold 13, 679 mi.)

Last edited by J B Nimble; 05-08-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode