2011 Honda CrossRunner 800 vid - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2011 Honda CrossRunner 800 vid

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...er-800-preview
Thats a lot of plastic on that Versys wannabee! That music will drive you insane if you listen to the whole thing.
It's from Honda Europe, of course.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Element; 12-03-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 08:56 AM

WOWSER!!!!

Well Element, I have to beg to differ on the music....I like it! (but then again, I work at a Opera house where every show we do has a 60 to 70 piece orchestra in the pit...so I like good symphonic music). lol

But the bike is GORGEOUS!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Nice looking bike , with a a lot of plastics.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

I have a fear someday all bikes are going to look like ours and we won't be any different than cruiser riders. AAHHHHHRRGGGHH!

My Album:
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Thats a lot of plastic on that Versys wannabee!
versys, too, is a wannabe.

i'm just sayin'....

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Remember it's a VFR 800 underneath with a sweet V4 and upright ergos. I sure hope it actually MOVES...cannot determine that from the video!

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Unless you're heading across the pond, I wouldn't get too excited. Might never make to our showrooms.

My Album:
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
versys, too, is a wannabe.

i'm just sayin'....
What was your pic? I know it gets mistaken for Buell, BMW, and such. I have never heard Honda before.

My Album:
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
What was your pic? I know it gets mistaken for Buell, BMW, and such. I have never heard Honda before.
i don't think the honda will ever get mistaken for a versys, or vice versa. they look nothing alike. just sayin -- lots of people on the forum seem to think versys was the first of it's kind. your post read that way, maybe i misinterpreted your meaning.

more ontopic... i like this bike, though i'm not sure i like it more than a Tiger 800. but i agree, AmHon won't risk it. i'm surprised we get the new 250.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:29 PM

Nice looking bike and just coming from the "Kawasaki Demo days" and trying a Ninja 1000 I must say that I am interested in a bike that has a V4 engine, this might be the one. The Ninja was extremely front heavy to me, although this was the first V4 bike I had been on, the handling was very responsive to that of a track bike. I found the fit to be cumbersome as I could not move my legs from the tank because the ergonomics dictate the rider be strapped on. As I moved my leg around turns I had to be aware that the bike would kick out of the turn and stand up and move straight, it is quite a different ride from the Versys and would take a few runs for me to learn the characteristics of the bike.

What I did walk away with was an enthusiasm for a V4 motorcycle as the Ninja 1000 puts 130HP to the pavement, acceleration was very smooth and very quick, the reviews were correct, as that engine gives one hell of an experience.

The Honda Crossrunner 800cc looks to be something that again fits in a series of steps above the Versys(V-Strom before the Versys) but in the same genre of engineered bikes, with the V4 engne it seems to have the acceleration that I would be interested in. The Interceptor has the same engine and in the states is about $11 -$12K depending on the ABS option, so why would the Crossrunner jump to the $14K category with the same engine as the VFR800A Interceptor? (based on a UK value of $9,075 GBP).

This has the scent of the cries of wanting a Versys in the states as the web was a buzz with information on contacting Kawasaki to ascertain the problem with the company if they did not bring the bike over here, this time the scent is a very pleasant breeze of V4 power in a Versys style bike that looks to be an absolute all-rounder.

The reviews put the bike at 100HP which is plenty. Are there any Crossrunner owners, people who demo(ed) the bike that could give some information as to the characteristics of the ride, I would like to "wet my whistle" for next year as I think the bike will be making its debut in the US.

J B Nimble

08 Kawasaki Versys 650 (22,400 mi.)

Givi Windscreen
EZ Pass Holder(bar mounted)
6 panel fuse box(Twisted throttle)
Ground wiring block(Twisted Throttle)
Motowerks GPS Bracket
GPS City Tom Tom bracket
12V accessory plug
TomTom 720 Go
Hepco & Becker engine guard
Hella FF50 Driving lights
Bags Connection "Shorty" tankbag
Bags Connection "Cargobag"
Givi 52L trunk box & rack
Saddlemen Gel Seat
Ermax Hugger Fender

06 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold 13, 679 mi.)
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM

JB Nimble,

The Ninja 1000 is an inline-4 not a V-4. Kawasaki does not make any bike with a V-4 and I believe that Yamaha (V-Max) is the only current Japanese manufacturer with a V-4 being imported to the states.

If Honda brings the Crossrunner this will change.

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlmjmjm View Post
JB Nimble,

The Ninja 1000 is an inline-4 not a V-4. Kawasaki does not make any bike with a V-4 and I believe that Yamaha (V-Max) is the only current Japanese manufacturer with a V-4 being imported to the states.

I have to laugh because I was thinking purely about a 4-cylinder engine and not about the actual technicality of 4-cylinder engines.

That said, you are correct "If Honda brings the Crossrunner this will change". In the words of Kawasaki I will be getting my "Ticket to ride".

Is this engine 2 parallel(inline) twins connected at the 90 degree V?

Laugh again, after reading an excerpt of wikipedia "The VTEC disengages two cylinder valves when the engine speed drops again below 6,100 rpm" which allows for more aspiration at higher rpm's(valves open) for less impedance on the piston. Interesting enough to bring back memories of GM cars that switched cylinders when more or less power(4-6-8)was needed and to think they would employ a variation of this on a bike engine.

J B Nimble

Givi Windscreen
Motowerks GPS Bracket
GPS City Tom Tom bracket
12V accessory plug
TomTom 720 Go
Saddlemen Gel Seat
Ermax Hugger Fender

Last edited by J B Nimble; 08-01-2011 at 09:35 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J B Nimble View Post

Are there any Crossrunner owners, people who demo(ed) the bike that could give some information as to the characteristics of the ride.

I can get a ride on one if you want. I've sat on one in the showroom and until I actually ride one, I thought that they should have changed the peg position as it is pure Vtec while the upper half was nice and straight with a comfortable stretch to the 'bars. Time will tell. Oh, I've also owned a Vtec in the past, so it'll be good to see just what the changes are like.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 AM
njd

That headlight makes the front end look like a Vstrom.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 PM

To pull off the rear tire, does one have to remove the muffler first? It also looks that way.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM

I hope to get a test ride within the next few weeks, had a chance last week but went with the CBF 1000 instead.

2008 Kawasaki Versys 650
2007 Kawasaki Versys 650
2006 Honda CBF 600 - sold
2006 Honda Varardero XL125 - sold
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Where's the Beak!?

Interesting, but looks typical Honda "appliance"-like.

Steve in Virginia Beach
'93 BMW K1100RS
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
I can get a ride on one if you want. I've sat on one in the showroom and until I actually ride one, I thought that they should have changed the peg position as it is pure Vtec while the upper half was nice and straight with a comfortable stretch to the 'bars. Time will tell. Oh, I've also owned a Vtec in the past, so it'll be good to see just what the changes are like.
Looking forward to your review and hopefully pictures. Cheers!!!

J B Nimble

Givi Windscreen
Motowerks GPS Bracket
GPS City Tom Tom bracket
12V accessory plug
TomTom 720 Go
Saddlemen Gel Seat
Ermax Hugger Fender

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I believe that Yamaha (V-Max) is the only current Japanese manufacturer with a V-4 being imported to the states.
I have a V-4 in my Honda ST1300...V down the centerline, like an old Guzzi. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is one more gear.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
JB Nimble,

The Crossrunner is based on the old VFR800, which had a V4 and was superseded by the VFR1200 for 2010. Honda's history with V4s goes all the way back to the early '80s with the Magna and old VF series.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode