Supermoto Riders? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Supermoto Riders?

Are any of you Versys owners.... Motard riders? I just did a track day at Adams Kart Track in so cal.. on my new too me 2005 KTM 450 SMR supermoto...wow... so this profound idea popped into my head as I stare at my Versys and I stare at my KTM....I wish I could slip my Versys 650 motor into the KTM frame... someday anyway..please share some of your supermoto adventures if you have any...here she is... $2500 craigslist deal..Malcolm..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ktm 003.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	724.3 KB
ID:	9563   Click image for larger version

Name:	ktm 005.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	9564   Click image for larger version

Name:	7dc37603.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	9565  

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:19 AM

I am on the hunt for one myself. Not to race, but as a beater around town. From all the reading I have done, they seem like fun machines.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM

I converted a XR650R to supermoto and it is so much fun it should be illegal. The bike has been bullet proof even though it is fairly modded. Not nearly as smooth as the Versys but I love the ragged edge of the bike. I am not a racer, just a hooligan. By the way, mine is completely street legal.

Last edited by versman; 11-29-2010 at 10:42 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 AM

Had a Honda Helix (250cc scooter) that I used for commuting to work. I had been working in downtown Boston, a five mile commute. I figured I'd toughen it up a bit, so, remembering how much fun I had in the dirt with my Honda Elsinore, I sold the HH and bought a used 1997 KTM 620 RXC. I converted it to supermoto with 17 inch rims. Now I'm riding like an idiot (insane laugh included), over curbs and up sidewalks and grass embankments. Anything to get around traffic. Before I wound up in trouble plus the fact that it had no storage (the Helix has a trunk) I decided to sell it. I bought another HH, came out a few hundred bucks ahead, have a story to tell and still have my license. The End.

Last edited by blipco; 11-29-2010 at 11:19 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:38 PM

I had the opportunity to flog a CCM SuperMoto around Highway 9 near Santa Cruz a few years back.

It was easily the most fun I've ever had riding a motorcycle. Also the most painful. At the end of the day I was sore, windblown and beaten up, but it was a blast.

It was strange, you sorta "throw down" a Supermoto into a turn as opposed to the way you ride traditional streetbikes. At least, that was my take on it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 PM

Someone put up some cool photos fairly recently with a hot female racer from Europe flogging the Versys supermoto racing. I totally think the Versys has racing potential, if someone wants to put the right suspension and performance bits. Whether it could be competitive, who knows, but I'm certain it would be fun.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Back in 1999 I bought an XR600 and began converting it over to a supermoto back when it was little known in the US. I sold it 9 years later wanting a better commuter before buying the Versys......and been looking for a street legal XR650R ever since. Keep hoping to see something like a Yamaha WR450X or revamped SR-Z450SM to show up. Definitely the most fun I've had in over 25 years of riding and hope to add another to the stable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode