Yamaha Triple - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yamaha Triple

Must be the "oldtimers" getting to me, but I saw a Yammi 750 triple at the shop I was at earlier today. Wasn't aware Yamaha made any triples. Guess I was too busy riding the old 72/3 Suzuki T-500 2 stroke to notice, sorry I missed them. Turns out...

"This bike received rave reviews in Cycle World, who called it a "Bargain BMW" and rated it one of their top 10 bikes in the world in 1976."

A triple with shaft drive, hmm,

Got a link here from wiki if anyone wants a look...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_....9C2D.E2.80.9D

Anyone have one of these bad boys in the past? What were they like?

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 PM

Those "oldtimer" bike had character . I sometimes ride with my dad's biker group called the Penang Oldies. Most of them are 50 above and love their old designed bikes.
What I love about riding with them guys are they take their time riding, enjoying the sights and don't brag.

My brothers (4 others) and myself were under a bike transition program under my dad. First we started riding 100 cc bike. Next rides were:
* Note: bikes are identical but in different colors.

The great Honda CB350 (Our's had a front disc brake)

The Honda CBX 750 (had an ex-police bike but minus the sirens and lights)

The legendary Kawasaki KLR 650 Tengai

Then we upgraded to the BMW PD and GS. Great fun all of them bikes...

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

Last edited by stlee29; 11-06-2010 at 11:17 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

While not at all familiar with the Tengai, the 350 and 750 were a couple of great bikes in the day and served their respective purposes well.

I do like the modern bikes of today very much, but I think in some cases something has been lost over time. Though I don't miss parts falling off the older bikes regularly, I do find the "plastic" looking bikes of today a little...well...too plastic looking. And dare I say perhaps a "little" over engineered! The Versys appeared, to me, less plasticy(not really a word, but) than others, and nothing has fallen off it yet! BONUS!

I think the KLE is a modern package of these older examples. When looking at a bike it's nice to see a "bike" there, not a whack of plastic that needs replacing "when" it goes over, or removing "when" any work needs to be done.

Versys is just aces! No looking back! Well, maybe now and then....

Don't Get Cabin Fever!

Last edited by Grandpa Ron; 11-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode