Bear cub's Ninja... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bear cub's Ninja...

My baby girl is growing up. I tried to put a rock on her head, but that didn't work. One day she comes home & says she wants to learn to drive, so I helped her get a car. Now she says she wants a bike. A motorcycle to be more precise.

So we went to the dealer today & they were having a special on Ninja 250's. And she came home with this....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM

She's a beaut! I love to ride all kinds of motorcycles. I would love to try the 250. Bet its fun around town! Great color to boot! I wish you and your girl all the best in her quest to become a safe rider!
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 PM

Hey Bear,

She's gonna love it! They are great bikes and look so cool to boot. We built one for Land Speed racing and have had a blast with it.......it's currently the fastest 250 gasoline 4 stroke in the country.

There's already a pretty good aftermaket for the new Ninjettes and she bought a beautiful color.
If I can be any help with farkles just let me know. Just remind her she's gotta pin it to win it! The bike may sound like it's gonna blow up but they'll cruise at 10,000 rpm for miles on end.

Dan

post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:06 PM

Wish they would all stay young. Sweet bike, prayerful for safe riding...Automatic
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM

My 4 year old saw (at the dealership I bought the Versys from) the small dirt bike with training wheels. She has been bugging me since then for it but I think she is too young for it. May be another 5 years or so.

one of the future bikes: 2020 Ducati MS
Current Bike: None
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past bikes:
Kawasaki Versys 2010
Honda Shadow 750
Yamaha Virago 1100
Honda CG 125
Honda CD 70
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks for all the support & kind words!! She doesn't have her license yet, but we'll be signing her up for the beginners course very soon. The deal on the bike was just too good to pass up, so she bought it. In the mean time, dear ol' dad will be glad to keep her lil' ninja company! I'm riding it to work tomorrow.....

Here are a few more...

post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
Hey Bear,

She's gonna love it! They are great bikes and look so cool to boot. We built one for Land Speed racing and have had a blast with it.......it's currently the fastest 250 gasoline 4 stroke in the country.

There's already a pretty good aftermaket for the new Ninjettes and she bought a beautiful color.
If I can be any help with farkles just let me know. Just remind her she's gotta pin it to win it! The bike may sound like it's gonna blow up but they'll cruise at 10,000 rpm for miles on end.

Dan
That is one good looking bike! Thanks for the offer Dan! I'm sure she'll discover "farkling" real soon. We're going to visit one of my favorite stores, Moto Liberty, in the next few days to pick out gear.

post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 PM

Congratulations to your daughter.

Those are great bikes, and lots of fun. I did my first track day on one of the older models.

Todd
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 PM

That is so awesome! My folks were already done with riding by the time I started. You guys are going to rack up some great memories together. It's gonna be cute to see how after a few years who will leave the other in the dust.

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 AM

Great choice for a first bike! My son Lucas (14) has had his for almost a year now and loves it. He is a big kid but the bike doesn't seem to really feel the weight. Keeps up with me just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_DSCN1510.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7968  
post #11 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 03:27 AM

If you lived in Canada you could get her this.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/model/ninja-400r:1256

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #12 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Congrats Rick to you and your daughter and i am sure once she has her license you guys will have a great time riding together.
post #13 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuff View Post
If you lived in Canada you could get her this.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/model/ninja-400r:1256
Yea, I had a discussion about this with the guy at the dealer. Problem is, they just wouldn't sell well. Not much of a market for beginner bikes. He said they still had a few '09 250's in the back, plus there were 3 or 4 on the floor. Worked out for us, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Congrats Rick to you and your daughter and i am sure once she has her license you guys will have a great time riding together.

post #14 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
congrats on the Ninja and to your daughter.

ZZR250 Kawasaki was my second bike and missed it.
Have been looking to buy it back but just cant seem to locate present owner.

All the best to your loved ones & God bless all.

post #15 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:39 AM

I think its great when you can share your riding experience with the ones you love, should be good times for the both of you. How old is she? my daughter turns 21 soon and is starting to think about riding.
post #16 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Yea, I had a discussion about this with the guy at the dealer. Problem is, they just wouldn't sell well. Not much of a market for beginner bikes. He said they still had a few '09 250's in the back, plus there were 3 or 4 on the floor. Worked out for us, though!

Don't get me wrong, the 250R is a great little ride. My wife has a 250 Eliminator and loves it. Damn thing redlines at 13,500.

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #17 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
My baby girl is growing up. I tried to put a rock on her head, but that didn't work. One day she comes home & says she wants to learn to drive, so I helped her get a car. Now she says she wants a bike. A motorcycle to be more precise.

So we went to the dealer today & they were having a special on Ninja 250's. And she came home with this....

Baby girls are special aren't they Bear? Mine leaves for college next week, tears will fall, no doubt. Great looking Ninja, good times await you.

My Album:
post #18 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
bear -
I can't think of a better first bike!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:

I think Kawi overproduced for '09. I'm sure the economy didn't help, but in '08 when they redesigned them dealers couldn't keep them in stock and they were selling for crazy prices ($5K+), especially out west, California, etc.

That said it is a great beginner (and beyond) bike. Had mine for almost 2 years, and put nearly 10K miles on it. Made a great light touring bike, and was loads of fun in the twisties. Wish I could have kept it, but knew I wouldn't ride it enough to make it worth it.

The new generation of 250 Ninja is one of the best looking bikes out there IMHO, especially for the price.

post #20 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Congratulations! I commend you on sharing your passion with your daughter. I have a 14 year old daughter, and some day, if she decides she wants to ride, I hope to be able to do what you have done - have the courage to support her. Seems to me, that is what parenting is really about. Being able to love, support, and teach our kids the joy of the open road is awesome. Well done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode