Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Inlet Air Pressure Sensor
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
goat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry for the delay guys. I have a beak on my bike which makes even taking the side fairings off a bit of a trick. Anyway- Stripped down the left side and found the sensor. Initially it appeared that the tubing coming from it took the longest way around/under the (i think) airbox. Due to this it appeared to enter the IAP sensor at a bit of an angle. Sort of hard to describe. Regardless I rerouted it somewhat to the side of the box there, which appeared to give a nice even and straight connection to the sensor. Tested it out and still getting the F.I. Also disconnected the sensor to make sure there was no dirt in the connector. Seemed fine.

More specifics on the conditions that trigger it: Have to get past 9k rpms, let off completely, and from 9k to about 7.5k rpm the light comes on (whilst engine braking) and when it gets to about 7.5-7k it goes off. This is the only time it's ever come on. So it does SEEM like something easily cause by a pinched air line, but I can't seem to find one. Interestingly there seemed to be a real lack of length to that particular line. Seemed to just barely be long enough, though I verified it was fully seated on both sides.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome